C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

G force chip info needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 11:40 PM
cryvette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G force chip info needed

has anyone bought a G force performance chip? did it do what they said it would do. I have a 2004 LS1...thanks for any info
Old 10-28-2014, 05:19 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

haha.. no.. snake oil... don't waste your money.. get your car tuned correctly by getting the pcm flashed, and proper adjustments made from data logging...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Last edited by 06MonteSS; 10-28-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:00 PM
cryvette
Advanced

what is a pcm flash? and thanks for the info.....I guessed as much... to good to be true
Old 11-01-2014, 01:31 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

the PCM is the computer module that controls your engine/tranny..

"flashing" it, means reprogramming it... which is what gets done when you get a tune done...

I can definitely get you hooked up...

The diablosport inTune or Trinity programmers would both work for your vehicle...

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal as well that includes my custom tuning at a discount so you'd save some $$.

You can find info about them, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, purchasing/ordering, etc. on my site here: http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

as for the difference between the two... I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... tune-wise, the tunes are the same. adjustable parameters are the same, and of course my custom tune would be the same as well...

The Trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic virtual gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield mount (like a gps)... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield...

The inTune is smaller (it's the size of a credit card), it does not have the performance monitor, and does not have the graphic virtual gauges, etc, but it's less expensive...and it's a little easier to use than the Trinity when it comes to data logging and importing/export tune files for custom tuning, since you don't have to use any extra software - everything is just copy/paste with the inTune.

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want...

here are links to their user manuals so you can check them both out to see which one you'd want:

Trinity user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/T...ser_Manual.pdf

inTune user manual: http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/i...ser_Manual.pdf

------------------------------------

With the custom tune, you'll gain even better/quicker throttle response & acceleration, stronger/harder pull, smoother & quicker power delivery throughout the rpms, better tranny performance/shifting (for automatics), etc...

As far as gains go... absolute hp/tq gains are hard to predict... every vehicle is different... even if they're the same and have similar mods... location/weather, fuel used, elevation/altitude, etc etc all play a role... the same holds true for mileage gains - those variables, plus driving habits/style, how much highway vs city driving, etc all make a difference.... you could gain no mpg increase, or you could gain up to about 3 mpg increase... tough to say due to the variables in play... so there is no guarantee of any specific/certain amount of hp/tq or mileage gains...

with the custom tune, I CAN tell you that you will definitely have a very noticeable performance difference/gain over and above the canned preset diablo tunes...

I have gained people anywhere from 12-39 hp, and 10-35 lb.-ft. torque...and 0 to 2 mpg... again, obviously mods, fuel used, etc all played a role in who gained what...
Old 11-03-2014, 09:00 AM
Maxx_Z06
Safety Car

Received 277 Likes on 85 Posts
C5 COTM Coordinator

10HP+ instantly! Increased fuel economy! Buy today!
Old 11-04-2014, 06:27 AM
cryvette
Advanced

Thanks for all the info.....I'll give it some thought. Right now I started have problems with my head lights and need to replace the plastic gears in the head light motors. can't go fast if I can't see at night....lol..... At one time in my life I was a GM tech so I know just enough to get my tata's in the ringer......Thanks again

Get notified of new replies

To G force chip info needed

Quick Reply: G force chip info needed