C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Data Logging at the Strip

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 11:18 AM
TXNC5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Data Logging at the Strip

I have the Ease scanner. Love it. However, does anybody record data going down the track? Do you simply use your laptop? It seems like a PITA, plus the cable annoys me (I have an M6).

I was looking there Data Logger, a much smaller standalone device, that can then download to the PC. Anyone with experience using this tool or one similar?

Also, what parameters would be best to capture? What are the limitations of the PCM in providing feedback in a 12 second span?
Old 08-23-2002, 01:20 AM
Godspeed
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Data Logging at the Strip (TXNC5)

Also, what parameters would be best to capture? What are the limitations of the PCM in providing feedback in a 12 second span?
I would capture things such as RPM, LTRIM's, O2's, Knock Retard, and Ignition. I have mounted laptops in my car before and all you have to do is slap the space bar to start logging and you can turn it off when you back to the pits. In the 12 seonds the PCM can provide plenty of data, usually an update every 150-200RPM with a Windows based version of Autotap, even more on a Tech 2 or others scan tools. Granularity of the data depends on how many parameters you try to capture at the same time
Old 08-26-2002, 12:26 PM
SpeedracerZ06
Racer

Wrap the cable around the streering wheel (clockwise) and between the shifter and ashtray. you won't even know it's there.
Old 08-26-2002, 01:23 PM
Vettepartz
Pro

Default Re: Data Logging at the Strip (SpeedracerZ06)

I hope you mean steering column instead of steering wheel. Ouch! Also, why would you want LTFT's when going WOT down a strip?
Old 08-26-2002, 09:25 PM
geekracer
Melting Slicks

You can look for KR and timing. I would take it out during eliminations. Some people don't know any better and will think that you are cheating just because you have a PC in the car :rolleyes:
Old 08-26-2002, 10:40 PM
ToplessTexan
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Data Logging at the Strip (Vettepartz)

Also, why would you want LTFT's when going WOT down a strip?
It's never a bad thing to verify that what you think is going is in fact what's actually going on. ;)

Get notified of new replies

To Data Logging at the Strip

Quick Reply: Data Logging at the Strip