C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Good tuner near Mississippi?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 04:00 PM
Vince98
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good tuner near Mississippi?

I need you guys to recommend me a good tuner close to my area I have a car hauler so I can have the car pulled out of state if need be.

I have a 98 c5 6 speed with 60k miles. I'm not 100% on my build just yet but it will be something along these lines.

A&A v3 si or t trim or ECS novi 1500
CCP jam cam or custom blower cam
Alky single nozzle meth injection
Valve springs
Ls7 lifters, trays
Ls9 head gaskets, arp head studs or bolts
Timing chain
Meiling oil pump
1 7/8 long tubes with 3 inch exhaust
Comp turnin rocker arm upgrade
Pushrods

I'm shooting for 600whp hopefully this will get me there. I've heard the 98 model ls1 cars can be tricky to tune so I need some recommendations on a good tuner I can carry my car to. I will be doing all the work myself and I'm located in Madison ms.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:20 PM
Arg0413
Burning Brakes

Received 819 Likes on 415 Posts

[QUOTE=Vince98;1588552539]I need you guys to recommend me a good tuner close to my area I have a car hauler so I can have the car pulled out of state if need be.

EPS in Baton Rouge is one of the best tuners in the country! You built an awesome car!! Post the dyno sheets when that bad boy is done!!
Old 03-26-2015, 03:45 PM
c6reaperx
c6reaperx
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Did you ever find a good tuner? I am in laurel and looking now. Hinson in Irondale Al did not seem too hopeful about getting me in.

Originally Posted by Vince98
I need you guys to recommend me a good tuner close to my area I have a car hauler so I can have the car pulled out of state if need be.

I have a 98 c5 6 speed with 60k miles. I'm not 100% on my build just yet but it will be something along these lines.

A&A v3 si or t trim or ECS novi 1500
CCP jam cam or custom blower cam
Alky single nozzle meth injection
Valve springs
Ls7 lifters, trays
Ls9 head gaskets, arp head studs or bolts
Timing chain
Meiling oil pump
1 7/8 long tubes with 3 inch exhaust
Comp turnin rocker arm upgrade
Pushrods

I'm shooting for 600whp hopefully this will get me there. I've heard the 98 model ls1 cars can be tricky to tune so I need some recommendations on a good tuner I can carry my car to. I will be doing all the work myself and I'm located in Madison ms.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:25 PM
flash of red
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by c6reaperx
Did you ever find a good tuner? I am in laurel and looking now. Hinson in Irondale Al did not seem too hopeful about getting me in.
I use Dynospeed in Memphis TN. Ask for Josh. They will tune your car for drivability and for WOT on the dyno. Or get in touch with Brett (blownbluez06) on these forums and he can tune it via your laptop and your HPtuners is you have your own wideband. Brett is one of the very best LS tuners out there imho. I have used both and I believe you would be happy either way.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:18 PM
Vince98
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up carrying my car to Dallas to let Brett tune mine man. I've heard good things about dyno speed as well.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:43 PM
flash of red
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince98
I ended up carrying my car to Dallas to let Brett tune mine man. I've heard good things about dyno speed as well.
Excellent choice. Brett tuned my car last december by logging into my laptop and and using my HP tuners pro. He is a super smart guy and knows his stuff. He will take the required time to get everything dialed in that many shops just will not take the time to do because they are looking to get the next car in and yours out.
Old 03-27-2015, 01:53 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by c6reaperx

Futral Motorsports in Walker, LA does a good job and should not be too far for you to go. I know he has worked on my car as well as Detoxx and Slo-poc here on CF.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:07 PM
c6reaperx
c6reaperx
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sigforty
Futral Motorsports in Walker, LA does a good job and should not be too far for you to go. I know he has worked on my car as well as Detoxx and Slo-poc here on CF.
I will check out Futral. Thanks for the input everyone.

Get notified of new replies

To Good tuner near Mississippi?

Quick Reply: Good tuner near Mississippi?