C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Vats relearn efi live?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 11:39 AM
daws222000
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vats relearn efi live?

My question is am I not doing the vats process correct. What I have is a 97 corvette turbo that I plan on running high boost. When vats is disabled the car runs when I try to do a relearn it won't stay running longer then 5 seconds. What I do is switch the theft parameter to class 2, then I go to pcm security and do a check on the pcm then click on vats relearn with 1 ing cycle. How can I verify that it actually took, is there a way to check? Or am I doing it totally wrong.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Rookieracer
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 197 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by daws222000
My question is am I not doing the vats process correct. What I have is a 97 corvette turbo that I plan on running high boost. When vats is disabled the car runs when I try to do a relearn it won't stay running longer then 5 seconds. What I do is switch the theft parameter to class 2, then I go to pcm security and do a check on the pcm then click on vats relearn with 1 ing cycle. How can I verify that it actually took, is there a way to check? Or am I doing it totally wrong.
Sounds like you're doing it correctly.

Why do you want it on at all? I usually disable it any time I'm swapping ECMs.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:35 PM
daws222000
Pro

Originally Posted by Rookieracer
Sounds like you're doing it correctly.

Why do you want it on at all? I usually disable it any time I'm swapping ECMs.
Not sure if this is because of it being disabled but my traction control switch don't work and it says service traction control, also my oil pressure and trans temp gauge are not working. Everything on my dic works except those also wasn't sure if they were linked to the bcm so how. Just doing process of elimination. My cluster may be f up also.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:16 AM
daws222000
Pro

Good news is I logged oil pressure and trans temp on efi live, all is well in that department, so I'm thinking cluster or bcm. Wasn't to concerned with the vats I just didn't know if maybe that was causing the issue.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:34 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by daws222000
If it worked the engine will stay running--and the key fob should chime the horn when the alarm is set or the doors locked
However---It is a common issue on 97-98 C5's to have the VATS simply quit working after awhile---Even if you reset it and change the battery in the key---This can be pricey to fix----It happened on my 98 and I finally just turned the VATS system OFF in the tune--The doors still lock with the key but they is no alarm set or horn chime--I just lived with it---

Get notified of new replies

To Vats relearn efi live?

Quick Reply: Vats relearn efi live?