C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Crankshaft sensor relearn

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 03:45 PM
Pozzest
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crankshaft sensor relearn

Does anyone know the procedure for a crank sensor relearn with HP TUNER software? I am repairing some melted wiring and decided to replace my crank sensor while my headers are off and starter is out. I know they almost never fail except if had p0337 code come up 2 time and decided to do it . Rather not have to take it to dealer and use a tech 2 if possible
Thanks for advice
Pozzest
Old 03-20-2015, 03:51 PM
schnellTTZ06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Open scanner, open VCM controls (on/off 100%) on toolbar, special tab, CASE Learn and then follow on screen instructions. You will have to rev it up slowly to redline, however, I have never actually seen issues that would necessitate doing this. It's not something you do on a newly built engine so I never did it to my current setup and no issues.
Old 06-19-2015, 07:38 PM
Cliff2011GS
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just returned from the dealer, they say the small oil leak, (so small it does not drip, just oil creeping down the side), is coming from my crankshaft sensor. They wanted $400 to replace! ($320 labor, $80 part). I see the part is $25 at RockAuto.

How hard can it be to replace? Is it just a simple remove the wire connector, unbolt/bolt new one on, reconnect wire and go? What is this about "relearning"?
Old 08-21-2015, 10:50 AM
dogboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Cliff2011GS
I just returned from the dealer, they say the small oil leak, (so small it does not drip, just oil creeping down the side), is coming from my crankshaft sensor. They wanted $400 to replace! ($320 labor, $80 part). I see the part is $25 at RockAuto.

How hard can it be to replace? Is it just a simple remove the wire connector, unbolt/bolt new one on, reconnect wire and go? What is this about "relearning"?
I replaced mine a few mths ago due to needing a new starter & decided to change the crank sensor while in the hood also. Easy.. 1 bolt holds it in & wire connector needs to be undone. that's it. The problem is labor time. You need to remove exhaust pipes/headers on passenger side in order to remove the starter so you can get to the crank sensor. That is where the PIA originates. I didn't do a relearn & it runs fine .

Get notified of new replies

To Crankshaft sensor relearn

Quick Reply: Crankshaft sensor relearn