C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Tuner near Northeast PA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 02:38 PM
95Z28M6
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tuner near Northeast PA?

Hey everyone, I'm looking for opinions on a good tuner near Northeast PA. I'm willing to drive an hour or two if needed. The car isn't anything crazy, intake, headers, catless X, remove emissions. Looking for someone proficient at part throttle tuning, not just a good looking peak #.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:00 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Depending where you live if Wester Chester is not too far, you should check out these folks in NE PA: Rapid Motorsports-Mike is great guy and does great work. Phoenix Performance-Joe and his folks are a class act. County Corvette-anything Corvette related they can handle. A little further east in NJ you have East Coast Supercharging.
Old 02-21-2015, 10:49 PM
95Z28M6
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ezrider4u2
Depending where you live if Wester Chester is not too far, you should check out these folks in NE PA: Rapid Motorsports-Mike is great guy and does great work. Phoenix Performance-Joe and his folks are a class act. County Corvette-anything Corvette related they can handle. A little further east in NJ you have East Coast Supercharging.
Is mike at Rapid still open? Their website is outdated big time. I remember Mike from way back in the Street Lethal F body days lol. He was known for his tuning then and I think used pheonix's dyno for his sessions. Depending on price, maybe I'll have pheonix do it while it's in for an alignment.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:25 AM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Honestly I'm not 100% sure. He did my engine swap in 2013, that was the last time I saw him. At that time he was involved in other projects so he was busy. I primarily use Phoneix for maint and upgrades.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:15 PM
JT102
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ezrider4u2
Honestly I'm not 100% sure. He did my engine swap in 2013, that was the last time I saw him. At that time he was involved in other projects so he was busy. I primarily use Phoneix for maint and upgrades.
Mike from Rapid is still in business but primarily only tunes. He tunes cars out of County Corvette and Phoenix. Kurt from Phoenix is now over at County. I use County for all of my upgrades, tuning, etc.

Good luck
Old 02-25-2015, 02:56 PM
0Shane@CountyCorvette
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95Z28M6
Hey everyone, I'm looking for opinions on a good tuner near Northeast PA. I'm willing to drive an hour or two if needed. The car isn't anything crazy, intake, headers, catless X, remove emissions. Looking for someone proficient at part throttle tuning, not just a good looking peak #.
We can certainly take care of you! You're right in our neck of the woods too. Give us a call @ 610.696.7888 to setup a dyno appointment. If you need any other services let us know. We're a complete one stop shop for Corvettes. Everything from Performance, to Restorations, to Maintenance, to Collision repair. We do it all!

-Shane

Originally Posted by JT102
Mike from Rapid is still in business but primarily only tunes. He tunes cars out of County Corvette and Phoenix. Kurt from Phoenix is now over at County. I use County for all of my upgrades, tuning, etc.

Good luck
That's right! Mike from Rapid does all of our tuning on our in-house Dynojet 224x. He's undoubtedly one of the best.

-Shane
Old 04-03-2015, 04:15 AM
lextoy
5th Gear

hi all,
i hate to hijack a thread, but this is probably the best thread related to what i am looking for... a tuner near philly (within hours ok), for my 2007 cadillac XLR. i know its not a corvette, but i have been searching for a few months now, and most people point to the vette guys as being most capable for the XLR.
its a 2007 XLR base model, 4.6L (thus not supercharged)
6L50 trans. i am hoping to wake it up a little, CAI and Corsa exhaust combo, and anything else to get it moving but stay reliable.
also tune up the trans. to be more crisp. i bought the car for the unique look and hardtop convertible, but its a bit sloppy and slow. if any of the local tuners mentioned have extensive experience with northstar or cadillac or XLR, please chime in. any other info also appreciated, like you saw an XLR's at a show that was tuned? i know the XLR is the pretty little sister to the corvette, i am hoping to make her a bit more sexy!

Last edited by lextoy; 04-03-2015 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:55 AM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by lextoy
hi all,
i hate to hijack a thread, but this is probably the best thread related to what i am looking for... a tuner near philly (within hours ok), for my 2007 cadillac XLR. i know its not a corvette, but i have been searching for a few months now, and most people point to the vette guys as being most capable for the XLR.
its a 2007 XLR base model, 4.6L (thus not supercharged)
6L50 trans. i am hoping to wake it up a little, CAI and Corsa exhaust combo, and anything else to get it moving but stay reliable.
also tune up the trans. to be more crisp. i bought the car for the unique look and hardtop convertible, but its a bit sloppy and slow. if any of the local tuners mentioned have extensive experience with northstar or cadillac or XLR, please chime in. any other info also appreciated, like you saw an XLR's at a show that was tuned? i know the XLR is the pretty little sister to the corvette, i am hoping to make her a bit more sexy!
I would give County Corvette a call. If they can't help you, I am certain they can guide you in the right direction.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:18 PM
lextoy
5th Gear

thx EZ
i am talking to Shane at County already. they are only 10 min away from me. everything i have found about Mike Kleman , their tuner, tells me he will be more than capable of tuning the Northstar and transmission. it might not be his specialty, but really nobody specializes in Northstar. luckily the XLR is very similar to the C5/C6. and an knowledgeable tuner should be able to use their expertise to dial it in. plus lots of CTSV STSV performance work has been done over the years, which at least gets tuners familiar with the computers. my 07 XLR is supported by HPTuners. so that helps.
i will post up a progress report as i figure out more what i am going to do. thinking of doing a 3.42 gear swap along with the volant and corsa cat back. i cant find much else to do to the engine... i have tone of feelers out to see if anyone has any performance parts for the LH2 northstar. this is what they look like... dohc vvt 10.5 : 1 320 hp @ 6400 rpm 310 lb·ft @ 4400 rpm
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Cadill...ine,43127.html

Last edited by lextoy; 04-12-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 04:05 PM
ezrider4u2
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Excellent! You may see my car there, I'm getting a little work done myself.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-projects.html

Good luck bud.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:33 AM
Darbs
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I noticed evans tuning in Pa doing dioblo sport and sct custom tuning
Old 04-24-2015, 08:57 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

This is my trouble too. I'm in central pa and there's nobody closer than 3 hours from me.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:58 PM
Joepro95
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

I used RT Tuning in lansdale PA(north of philly) for tuning on my Nissans(drove 3+ hours many times tuned my last project, and he spend 5 hours tuning it from WOT to almost every RPM range on part throttle), they have one of the best Nissan tuners in the country, I have seen several domestics on their dynos as well. They just moved into a larger shop in Montgomeryville. Give Erik the Service Manager a call and ask if they can accommodate pretty sure they can tune anything...I know they do hp tuner and diablo, GREAT group of guys work there!

http://rttuning.com/services/

if your on facebook, check out the quality stuff in their shop, they and supercharging a 392 challenger currently and building my friends vq motor to exceed 700 whp.

https://www.facebook.com/RTTuning/timeline

Get notified of new replies

To Tuner near Northeast PA?

Quick Reply: Tuner near Northeast PA?