C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Texas Speed Tsunami Cam

Old 03-13-2015, 02:47 PM
Zip Corvettes
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 329 Likes on 191 Posts

Default Texas Speed Tsunami Cam

Anyone have one in their car and how does it run. Have a customer with his car here and he wants us to get it running. Have already found some hardware issues going on that have to be fixed first, but just listening to this I think it is going to be a nightmare to make run well. So I am curious as to anyone else who has this and how is the car running verse what other stuff is done to the car.
Thanks
Justin
Old 03-14-2015, 08:12 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by J.Abbott
Anyone have one in their car and how does it run. Have a customer with his car here and he wants us to get it running. Have already found some hardware issues going on that have to be fixed first, but just listening to this I think it is going to be a nightmare to make run well. So I am curious as to anyone else who has this and how is the car running verse what other stuff is done to the car.
Thanks
Justin
Texas Speed Tsunami 235/240 .622"/.615" Camshaft
That is one major camshaft !!!
On an A4 it may be troublesome and would require a larger stall of course for driveability---On a 6 speed not so bad to tune for the street---Either way to take advantage of such a large cam's potential it would need additional pieces to compliment it---Such as--
Better flowing heads
LT headers
minimum of a LS6 intake
mean valve springs
Light retainers and better lightweight rockers
CAI and catback--
How much does he want to spend ????
Old 03-14-2015, 09:35 PM
Zip Corvettes

Originally Posted by tblu92
Texas Speed Tsunami 235/240 .622"/.615" Camshaft
That is one major camshaft !!!
On an A4 it may be troublesome and would require a larger stall of course for driveability---On a 6 speed not so bad to tune for the street---Either way to take advantage of such a large cam's potential it would need additional pieces to compliment it---Such as--
Better flowing heads
LT headers
minimum of a LS6 intake
mean valve springs
Light retainers and better lightweight rockers
CAI and catback--
How much does he want to spend ????
Actually it is already installed along with a Fast 92 intake, 90mm c6 Tb and a set of I think RHS heads sold to him by Texas Speed. The issue is the car does not run hardly at all. He said it originally had TS tune in it and it didn't run so he paid another shop to do the tune. We know have the car because it does not run well and trying to even figure out if this combination is even going to run well. We usually do not touch anything that we do not build, but I am trying to help him out. I think the cam is too big, but I wanted to find out if anyone else had one and how their car was running.
Old 03-14-2015, 10:59 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Actually it is already installed along with a Fast 92 intake, 90mm c6 Tb and a set of I think RHS heads sold to him by Texas Speed. The issue is the car does not run hardly at all. He said it originally had TS tune in it and it didn't run so he paid another shop to do the tune. We know have the car because it does not run well and trying to even figure out if this combination is even going to run well. We usually do not touch anything that we do not build, but I am trying to help him out. I think the cam is too big, but I wanted to find out if anyone else had one and how their car was running.
Ok understand------Do you know if it has a SD tune ? does it have a MAF ?
Old 03-14-2015, 11:49 PM
Zip Corvettes

Originally Posted by tblu92
Ok understand------Do you know if it has a SD tune ? does it have a MAF ?
No it has a MAF, also has a Vararam on it. I had never heard of this package before or have a I ever seen a car with it. I am surprised that nobody else out here on the forum is familiar with it either.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:29 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

No it has a MAF, also has a Vararam on it. I had never heard of this package before or have a I ever seen a car with it. I am surprised that nobody else out here on the forum is familiar with it either.
Well my opinion is that Texas Speed has always been a leader in LS and now LT technology---So I would never be afraid of anything they sold as they have done lots of testing with there products---Just common sense tells you that a cam of that size needs to be run up close to 7000 to make it's max power--TQ on the bottom end might suffer with a automatic without a large stall--- Big cams usually require yearly valve spring changes to live as well as a solid valve train---

Get notified of new replies

To Texas Speed Tsunami Cam

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Texas Speed Tsunami Cam