C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Diablosport tuning woes :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 01:05 PM
stewgy12
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Diablosport tuning woes :(

I just completed installing a FAST 92mm inatke and LS2 tb. Car did start. I knew it would be a good idea to get a tune after. Unfortunately near me it's virtually impossible to find a tuner. Orange county NY. A reputable mechanic suggested I get a handheld. Purchased a diablo sport intune from a Diablsport recommended vendor/ tuner specializing in GM vehicles. This is not a bashing thread. He has been very helpful. I just sent him a quick email waiting on a response but, I wanted to get some more opinions and suggestions from the forum.

Car started no trouble after the intake install. Applied the intune and then... No start. Well it would start then very quickly die. Like lack of fuel. Also the temp gauge was pegged and the fuel gauge was on empty. Needles were pointing at each other. Restored the original PCM build. Same condition. Fortunately I was able to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and the car fired right up. Test drive seemed normal. Other than the noticeable increase in power and a strange lag in throttle response.

I'm not entirely sure where I may have gone wrong. Just some basic info. The car is a 99, corsa exhaust, varram CAI and I was told that the original owner had put an aftermarket cam in the car. However, I have no info on the cam and have never verified it. I think the guy was just blowing smoke. Drives like any other c5. It does have a lil lope but..... I think its cause its a 16 year old car.

Just wondering if anyone here had any opinions or suggestions. I'm not going to attempt again until I have some more info.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2015, 11:26 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Supporting Vendor

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

This is an odd/random issue I have seen on a few C5s after flashing.

You should be able to load the tune and either clear the codes afterward or disconnect the battery and it will start and run fine.

FWIW, you will really need a good custom tune for those mods, the intune itself will not allow you to fully dial in everything that needs to be changed for the intake swap.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2015, 11:46 AM
stewgy12
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
This is an odd/random issue I have seen on a few C5s after flashing.

You should be able to load the tune and either clear the codes afterward or disconnect the battery and it will start and run fine.

FWIW, you will really need a good custom tune for those mods, the intune itself will not allow you to fully dial in everything that needs to be changed for the intake swap.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to give it another shot later today. Hopefully I'll get better results. When I was loading the tune initially there there were a lot more options then I was expecting. I'm wondering if my car had a custom tune from the previous owners. Also the vendor Diablo sport recommended was confident that after some data logging he'd be able to build me a custom tube to be loaded via the intune. do you think that might not be the best option?

Thanks
Old 03-31-2015, 09:09 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by stewgy12
Thanks for the reply! I'm going to give it another shot later today. Hopefully I'll get better results. When I was loading the tune initially there there were a lot more options then I was expecting. I'm wondering if my car had a custom tune from the previous owners. Also the vendor Diablo sport recommended was confident that after some data logging he'd be able to build me a custom tube to be loaded via the intune. do you think that might not be the best option?

Thanks
yes, they referred you to me, because yes, I can get you the custom tuning done that's needed to get your car dialed in.. no worries...

Get notified of new replies

To Diablosport tuning woes :(

Quick Reply: Diablosport tuning woes :(