C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Snap On MT2500 - Anybody here PRINT with their scanner? NEED HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 08:17 AM
Red86Z51
Melting Slicks

Received 444 Likes on 322 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified
C4 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Snap On MT2500 - Anybody here PRINT with their scanner? NEED HELP!!!!

I want to print out data on my Sii Seiko DPU-411 thermal printer--but am having no luck getting it to work. Regardless of how I configure the scanner, I keep getting PRINTER NOT RESPONDING. I believe it may be a driver issue. What I need is someone with an MT2500 using it with software updated to 2004 to please check their scanner settings and compare with the settings in the screenshots of mine below.

The 2004 MT2500 User's Guide APPENDIX A (<--Click on link) states that I can print with a Seiko DPU-411 or DPU-414 thermal printer. I have a -411, and have set the dip switches according to the manual, but with no luck. My scanner is a new scanner with all new cables. My cartridge is up to model year 1997. My 1997 User's Manual makes no reference to the Seiko printers, only the MT1670. The Snap On online 2004 User's Manual, Appendix A does reference the Seiko's, as can be seen by clicking the above link. This leads me to believe that Snap On updated the printer software on the cartridges to include the Seiko thermal printers. I just need to prove this...

How?

I need someone with updated cartridges through MY 2004 to compare their communication configuration with mine, and let me know if those Seiko printers are actually configured in. As you can see below, mine only reference the MT1670. Trying to configure mine to print using the "OTHER" selections does not work either.

** Note: The printer runs a successful self test and does print **

1) ERROR I GET WHEN ATTEMPTING TO PRINT

2) MY MT2500 CONFIGURATION SETTINGS

3) PRINTER

I would really appreciate the assistance from a C5 brother with more current software. The Snap-On website forum has been NO help!

Dave

Quick Reply: Snap On MT2500 - Anybody here PRINT with their scanner? NEED HELP!!!!