C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Stroker knocking off after flashing stall

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 10:27 PM
350pride
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stroker knocking off after flashing stall

If I slightly flash the rpms (while in drive) to 2500-3000 and then let completely off the gas, the rpms will just fall to 200 and then the car will knock off.

Its very annoying when turning the wheels over in the waterbox. As soon as I let off the gas, knocks off. Same thing for burn out. Im having to ride the brake to the starting line and keep it stalled up to 1500-2000 to keep from knocking off.

Normal driving it does fine. Cold starts = knock off until > 160*.

I performed the idle relearn procedure, but it did not work. Afterwards, I powerbraked it, and just flashed it enough to just break traction. Then I let completely off the gas....car went rpm hunting and knocked off.

Thanks,

David
Old 04-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 275 Likes on 232 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

You probably need to work on the tune with the throttle cracker. There are probably other areas in the tune that need adjusting as well.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:12 PM
350pride
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much slower is the 97 computer vs the newer c5's? I was told that my computer is having problems keeping up with my motor.

Thanks,

David
Old 04-17-2015, 01:45 PM
enoniam
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 350pride
How much slower is the 97 computer vs the newer c5's? I was told that my computer is having problems keeping up with my motor.
The 97 computer calculates when to fire 4 spark plugs and when to open and close 4 fuel injectors each rotation of the engine. Your problem isn't because the computer is too slow.

Get notified of new replies

To Stroker knocking off after flashing stall

Quick Reply: Stroker knocking off after flashing stall