C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

battery draining

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Scott Luttrell
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery draining

when i got my 99 back from the dealer all was well. Said that they sent out the ipc out to get fixed. two days later the head up display just stopped working, aaalso the next morning it was dead. charged it up and it was fine. had battery and alternator checked, fine. fine for a couple days but won't hold a charge overnight. something is draining the battery. How can i find out what? not goin back to dealer.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Scott Luttrell
Advanced

Originally Posted by Scott Luttrell
when i got my 99 back from the dealer all was well. Said that they sent out the ipc out to get fixed. two days later the head up display just stopped working, aaalso the next morning it was dead. charged it up and it was fine. had battery and alternator checked, fine. fine for a couple days but won't hold a charge overnight. something is draining the battery. How can i find out what? not goin back to dealer.
I put a charger on it and when i got in the car to see if it would turn over i hear a buzz coming from the passenger side floorboard, Cut off the charger. anyone?
Old 05-01-2015, 02:54 PM
enoniam
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts

Sounds like it's coming from the fuse panel over there...
Old 05-05-2015, 02:35 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by enoniam
Sounds like it's coming from the fuse panel over there...
Most common battery drain issue on a C5 is from the electric seat adjuster------ On my 98 I disconnected the pigtails under the drivers seat and it cured the battery drain-----try it on yours--
Old 05-05-2015, 06:53 AM
Scott Luttrell
Advanced

Default battery drain

Originally Posted by tblu92
Most common battery drain issue on a C5 is from the electric seat adjuster------ On my 98 I disconnected the pigtails under the drivers seat and it cured the battery drain-----try it on yours--
That did it. Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To battery draining

Quick Reply: battery draining