C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

I need a dead WB O2 sensor!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 09:18 PM
KoreaJon
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I need a dead WB O2 sensor!!

Hello Everyone!

I am in need of a dead (or otherwise unusable) O2 sensor. Specifically a Bosch LSU 4.2. (AKA Bosch 17014) I just need the wires and connector....what happened is that my Innovate LC1 that I installed broke free from the zip ties, and the electrical connector on the O2 sensor got mostly ground away...

I could buy a new O2 sensor and solve the problem, but this one has about 500 miles on it....

The problem with the LC1 / LC2 is that the pigtail on the O2 sensor is short, and it plugs directly into the "brain box" of the LC1....on my car, the only place that I could secure it was on the flange between the header pipes, where the X pipe bolts on (the one that comes off the bottom of the bell housing)....which is a precarious place for it to be, especially given the amount of speed bumps here.

What I intend to do is splice in 24-30" of wire so that the LC1 box can be mounted safely out of harm's way, in the engine compartment.
So, before I spend the $60 for e new O2 sensor, does anyone out there have an old one that they'd like to be rid of?

Thanks in advance,
KoreaJon
Old 05-04-2015, 12:02 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

This happened to me as well when I hit a huge bump in the road--all the 02 wires broke----Best fix and maybe the only one is to buy a new 02 wideband sensor WITH pigtail from Innovate--that's what I eventually did--

Quick Reply: I need a dead WB O2 sensor!!