C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

97 pcm turbo 5lbs maf timing ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 05:49 PM
turbocvette
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 97 pcm turbo 5lbs maf timing ?

I am a little confused on what table to retard the timing on my 97
using hp tuners. I looked at some compare files for a similar setup as mine and when I compared the high octane and low octane table the tables are all exactly the same as mine "stock". I thought this is where I am supposed to pull timing from?
Now I have came across a few threads and people running low boost like me 5lbs and some less with a completely stock tune with rising regulator no retard at all! This idea scares me.
My main question is what table am I supposed to be pulling timing from? And what sensor should I be referencing to boost vs timing? Motor is all stock without an upgraded map. I am a newbie so take it easy on me. I have searched for literally days but with hp tuners or probably any tuning software there are so many variables and different opinions.
Here is the tune so far and yes I know it is not correct I just wanted to get it to start and idle until I do a lot more reading and get good advice I don't want to touch it to much before I confuse my self and what changes I have made etc.running a little better low min pulse on injectors.hpt
Old 06-10-2015, 12:46 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

You should use the Hi octane timing table to set the timing--The low octane timing table is used in case you get a tank of "bad gas" Typically at WOT it should be about 4* less than the Hi oct table---WOT is from about .60 grams of fuel on up---
With 5 lbs of boost you should remove approx. 4-5* of timing on the fuel table where boost kicks in--the only way to know exactly is to data log a WOT run and see where it kicks in using RPM vs grams per cyl.
Also with boost the power enrichment fuel table should be somewhat richer than a N/A engine----Most shoot for a safe 12.5-12.7 AFR with a N/A engine--with 5 lbs of boost you'll have to experiment by data logging knock retard- An typical boosted kit has about 8 lbs of boost and the PE is set like 11.5 With only 5 lbs it would be leaner --My guess would be approx. 11.8-12.0

Quick Reply: 97 pcm turbo 5lbs maf timing ?