C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Vapor Lock

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 07:05 PM
CWOVette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vapor Lock

I have been experiencing vapor lock driving cross country. I removed my fuel rail covers and that seemed to help. Also, my AC started blowing hot. Once I got to my destination, the AC worked fine. I have the Vette super charged with LG headers. Could that be producing excess heat? If so, what is the best way to fix/prevent?

Thanks.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:06 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by CWOVette
I have been experiencing vapor lock driving cross country. I removed my fuel rail covers and that seemed to help. Also, my AC started blowing hot. Once I got to my destination, the AC worked fine. I have the Vette super charged with LG headers. Could that be producing excess heat? If so, what is the best way to fix/prevent?

Thanks.
When installing LT headers on a C5 the tubes either touch or nearly touch the A/C line on the pass side---Fix is to delicately bend the A/C line to clearance it away from the header tube---and wrap the A/C line with some insulating or heat tape---Try to get it at least 3/4 to 1" away from the tube----The A/C should blow cold again
PS: are you having engine issues when hot as well ? dying surging ?
Old 06-16-2015, 12:57 PM
CWOVette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vapor Lock

Originally Posted by tblu92
When installing LT headers on a C5 the tubes either touch or nearly touch the A/C line on the pass side---Fix is to delicately bend the A/C line to clearance it away from the header tube---and wrap the A/C line with some insulating or heat tape---Try to get it at least 3/4 to 1" away from the tube----The A/C should blow cold again
PS: are you having engine issues when hot as well ? dying surging ?
Thanks for the reply. It will die while driving. If I let it sit for about 20 minutes, it will fire back up. I take off the fuel rail covers and it helps.

Get notified of new replies

To Vapor Lock

Quick Reply: Vapor Lock