C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Looking for some help with a c5Z LS3 swap. first time tuning please be gentle

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 09:04 PM
Ncognito
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Looking for some help with a c5Z LS3 swap. first time tuning please be gentle

Ok guys, I just finished my ls3 swap and I'm trying to get a base tune together to break the clutch and stuff in. The car is scheduled for a dyno tune but I need to work out any issues before then. My previous LS6 was cammed and bolt ons. Just trying to get it to idle and cruise well enough to put some miles on it. I have HPtuners pro and a NGK wideband. If anyone is in the Cincy area willing to give a hand lmk. I've read a ton and still not having much luck finding the tables i need to modify. Tia, Steve

Just to give you an idea of mods, 416 LS3, Trickflow 255's, Ls3 intake rails and injector, 1 3/4 longtubes with dumps, Haltech CAI, all 24x, stock map sensor and maf

Last edited by Ncognito; 06-27-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 12:59 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Are you using the stock MAF that came with the car or are you using the newer card style MAF ?
If you are using the newer LS3 MAF you must re-scale the entire MAF HZ table--As the newer ones read totally different than the old ones---
I just tuned a LS3 retrofit using the card slot MAF with the older 411 ECM the MAF table ended up being over 80% off----lean !!!!
The only way to see where you are at is to data log your LTFT's and to see how much of a correction the ECM is trying to make---The ecm will quit making adjustments if they exceed + or - 25%----IF they spike quickly to 25% then you'll know the entire table needs major work---
What year ECM are you using and what year and style MAF ???
Old 06-28-2015, 03:19 AM
Ncognito
Instructor

I'm using the stock maf and stock ecm (02). It's not horrible, it will run and drive. I've read enough to get it there but am lost on fixing the ltft and stft and tweaking that needs to be done. I need to read more on setting up more pid's to get the logging I need is what I think. I guess trying to find something to compare is a little harder when you can't look at C6 tunes and all c5 stuff is ls6. Makes the learning curve a bit steeper. I'm going to flash the 1 bar maf enhanced and maybe that will help me a bit in seeing exactly what the changes do quickly. Doing research tonight to setup AFR error, I do log my ltft and stft now.

Last edited by Ncognito; 06-28-2015 at 03:26 AM.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:39 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Are you using the STOCK LS3 injectors ? If so the you need to rescale your injector flow rate table into your 02 ECM
What is the injector size in your C5Z ?
What is the injector size you are using in the LS3 ?
Old 07-09-2015, 11:23 AM
Ncognito
Instructor

Yay, I've redone the injector tables for the ls3 injectors. They are 42# versus the stock ls6 are 28# or 32#. No worries guys, I got it pretty close to figured out. It goes on the dyno next Friday so we'll see how it does. I appreciate all the help. I learned more about tuning in a week of doing it than 6 months of reading. I've read multiple books, shouldn't be that hard to find solid info.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for some help with a c5Z LS3 swap. first time tuning please be gentle

Quick Reply: Looking for some help with a c5Z LS3 swap. first time tuning please be gentle