C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Using a Tech 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 02:21 PM
HGN CRVZ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Using a Tech 2

I am adding factory fog lights to my 04 Z06 and need to know how to enable this functionality in the BCM using my Tech 2. I have already installed the necessary wiring (not connected yet) switches, and lens's. I would like to know what to do before starting this type of modification.

I have an Audi TT and the VAGCOM software. I have enabled the cruise control function with it, so I have very limited exposure to this arena and would like some guidance.

Any help would be seriously appreciated!!
Old 08-14-2015, 02:42 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

Some of the wiring for foglights is already installed in the Z06, makes for less different wiring harnesses in production. If you are using the factory foglight switch, which just replaces the trunk switch when plugged in, the wiring to the relay and fog fuse is already there, including the relay and fuse. There is no need to do any programming to the computer, everything will work just the same as OEM. I did this mod to my Z06 years ago. BTW, I also have a Tech 2 and didn't need it to do this mod.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:54 AM
Cliff8928
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I don't remember the exact procedure, but tit will be in the BODY menu and BCM setup.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:21 PM
rclinton
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Igot this link form another member. If you have a Tech II it is invaluable in ease of use

Fog Lamps – Body > Body Control Module > Special Functions > Output Control > Lamp Test

Fog Lamps – Body > Body Control Module > Special Functions > Output Control > Lamp Test > Exterior Lamps

Fog Lamps – Body > Body Control Module > Special Functions > Output Control > Light Test

http://service.gm.com/userguides/english/t2paths-en.pdf
Old 09-09-2015, 02:26 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

In case nobody read my post, if you use the factory switch and wiring which will already be there, you don't need the Tech 2 to make the foglights work.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:06 AM
HGN CRVZ
Advanced

@ striper - I read it and you are 100% correct sir!, but I will always take more information than not enough!

@ rclinton - The pdf file that was so generously posted is worth it's weight in gold! Plus, provides with good learning ability.

I recently had to have the ignition cylinder lock replaced. Had I not been on vacation returning from the 24 Hrs of Lemans, I would have troubleshot and fixed it myself. However, when a certified Vette tech is available with dealer resources and a friend who lives near the dealer speaking French...I left the car for repair. Being out of the States and on my own, I want the ability to identify and repair as necessary. With the Forum Team (ahem, guys like you) and these tools I feel confident I can maintain my beast in Italy and possibly help out a couple new friends in the process!
Old 09-19-2015, 12:34 PM
HGN CRVZ
Advanced

Ok, I have front fog lamps and have converted them to HID's because I bought a kit a year ago when I first got this idea.

Now I am connecting the rear fog lamps and that circuit just won't engage unless I force it with a light test as listed above for the front, but selecting the backs. Is this going to take an RPO upgrade or something like that? If so, how do you do that please?

Get notified of new replies

To Using a Tech 2

Quick Reply: Using a Tech 2