C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

P2135 hp tuner disable

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 10:28 PM
elerico
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P2135 hp tuner disable

This weekend at the track, got engine reduce power and bang, nothing on the pedal. Safe mode

Retreived the code

Find p2135

If we disable the code with hp tuners, will this prevent the car to fall in safemode ??
Old 08-24-2015, 11:42 AM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 315 Likes on 270 Posts

That code is usually a TB (drive by wire) problem. When you depress the accelerator pedal you are pushing down on a sensor indicating the desired amount of throttle opening, which is sent to the PCM. The PCM sends a voltage to the TB to open the throttle plate. The two sensors in the plate convert the amount of opening to a voltage which is sent back to the PCM. When these two voltage are the same everything works normally, however if there is a difference in the voltage for more than 2 seconds the P2135 code is set. Then everything usually shuts off and the check engine light comes on. Usually a problem in the TB or accelerator pedal assmebly. You need to have it check out for the source of the trouble.
When you depress the accelerator pedal you are pushing down on a sensor indicating the desired amount of throttle opening which is sent to the engine management computer. In response the computer sends a voltage to the electric motor to open the throttle plate. Two throttle position sensors imbedded in the throttle body convert the amount of throttle opening to a voltage signal to the computer.

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p2135
Copyright OBD-Codes.com
When you depress the accelerator pedal you are pushing down on a sensor indicating the desired amount of throttle opening which is sent to the engine management computer. In response the computer sends a voltage to the electric motor to open the throttle plate. Two throttle position sensors imbedded in the throttle body convert the amount of throttle opening to a voltage signal to the computer.

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p2135
Copyright OBD-Codes.com
Old 08-24-2015, 11:49 AM
elerico
Instructor

but, can i disable the code in hp tuners to prevent this again at the race trakc
Old 08-24-2015, 11:50 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I don't see a P2135 anywhere --are you sure this is correct ??? What year is your car ?

OK I found the code on a C6 car It is T-Body related
Most all T-Body codes EVEN if deleted with tuning will not prevent the car going into reduced power mode----I know many fixes for T-Body codes but need to know more about all the mods on tour car-

Last edited by tblu92; 08-24-2015 at 11:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:15 PM
elerico
Instructor

i'm sure its p2135

so if we disable the code, the car will get in reduced power mode too ?
Old 08-25-2015, 11:31 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by elerico
i'm sure its p2135

so if we disable the code, the car will get in reduced power mode too ?
I am saying YES it will------You need to fix what is causing the code

Get notified of new replies

To P2135 hp tuner disable

Quick Reply: P2135 hp tuner disable