C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Transmission not upshifting

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 09:31 PM
eleonb
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Transmission not upshifting

Hi guys, please help
I've got an 2004 with A4 trans. With the car in drive, it pulls off normally but it won't change gears, just revs up. If I put it in 1st or 2nd and shift manually, it changes every time. I don't know what the hell it could be. I also have service traction control on dic panel, if that helps. I've noticed every since I had the car that there's a noticeable hesitation between reverse and drive and vice-versa. Anybody got a possible solution. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:00 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Way too vague to diagnose----I would 1st sort out the TC issue most often a fouled wheel speed sensor that could be on any of the 4 wheels---A TC code could prevent shifts as the wheel speed sensor input is used as a reference to make sure the shifts happen at the correct speeds---
However it can be something as simple as a computer glitch---Dis Connect the battery negative overnight to allow any glitch to unload--then try it again

Quick Reply: Transmission not upshifting