C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Help reduce engine power and codes

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 09:22 PM
Isalamey
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help reduce engine power and codes

I doing some work on my 2000 convertible and have a ton of codes popping up. At this point I'm not sure if I should just give in and take it to a service shop. I recently installed a black wing intake. And removed all the interior to sound proof with frost king insulation. I'm in the process of installing a amp and this is where everything started going wrong. Here is a list of the codes I'm now dealing with as well as the reduce engine power. By the way the car won't even roll up the drive way. It will start but he gas pedal for the most part is dead. P 1275. P1281 p1285 b2282 u1064 b2285 b2283 c1278. Any help or advice would be great. i have to jump the car since I haven't been able to drive it

Thanks again
Old 09-24-2015, 01:38 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

P codes are for the ECM Yours are all accelerator related-probably a result of trying to drive the car with the deduced power mode on--
B codes are in the BCM Body control module---The BCM controls many functions mostly accessories like Door locks stereo--A/C---alarm--cruise control etc
U and C codes are normally Communication or voltage issues within all of your 3 computers
I don't see anything tight off that would throw a reduced power message---Normally those are caused by 02 codes--MAF codes--Over powering your trans--However you would always get the associated code telling you where to look
There are other things that can caused red. power---I would guess that it is related to your stereo install as you have interrupted the theft system and that's why you are getting communication codes
I would try --Dis-connect the battery overnite to see if it happens again as this will re set all your computers---If it happens again look at the new codes and if they are the same---Then investigate your stereo/theft system hookup--You may have connected something wrong----
Did you happen to piggy back onto a purple wire behind your OBDII port ?? This is often the culprit---
Old 09-24-2015, 07:02 PM
Isalamey
Cruising

Thank you for the information. I didn't tap into anything but Im pretty sure the previous owner did. I'm finding all kinds of jammers and antennas in the car. I'll disconnect the battery and also take a look around the port to see if there is anything going on. I do recall seeing a a bundle of wires in that area that wasn't connected to anything.

Originally Posted by tblu92
P codes are for the ECM Yours are all accelerator related-probably a result of trying to drive the car with the deduced power mode on--
B codes are in the BCM Body control module---The BCM controls many functions mostly accessories like Door locks stereo--A/C---alarm--cruise control etc
U and C codes are normally Communication or voltage issues within all of your 3 computers
I don't see anything tight off that would throw a reduced power message---Normally those are caused by 02 codes--MAF codes--Over powering your trans--However you would always get the associated code telling you where to look
There are other things that can caused red. power---I would guess that it is related to your stereo install as you have interrupted the theft system and that's why you are getting communication codes
I would try --Dis-connect the battery overnite to see if it happens again as this will re set all your computers---If it happens again look at the new codes and if they are the same---Then investigate your stereo/theft system hookup--You may have connected something wrong----
Did you happen to piggy back onto a purple wire behind your OBDII port ?? This is often the culprit---
Old 09-25-2015, 08:32 PM
Isalamey
Cruising

Update on progress battery was disconnected for 24 hours still no luck. These are all the codes present. U1096h u1016h. P1285hc p1125hc. C1278h 60 ipc u1160h hvac 1160h. I'm struggling here any help would be great

Originally Posted by Isalamey
Thank you for the information. I didn't tap into anything but Im pretty sure the previous owner did. I'm finding all kinds of jammers and antennas in the car. I'll disconnect the battery and also take a look around the port to see if there is anything going on. I do recall seeing a a bundle of wires in that area that wasn't connected to anything.
Old 11-01-2015, 01:30 PM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

What's battery voltage look like?

Check/clean the ground on the frame in the area under the battery.

If you want to throw parts at it, start with the gas pedal assembly.

Get notified of new replies

To Help reduce engine power and codes

Quick Reply: Help reduce engine power and codes