C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Help keep setting p1515

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 04:02 PM
n20stroker
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Help keep setting p1515

Hey guys need some help. I keep setting a p1515 dtc when I'm pedaling my car. Car is a 99 vette with a 402 with ysi. Also Running Ls2 intake With silver blade Tb.I swapped out with another ls2 tb and new jumper harness and still sets p1515 and reduce power. Anyone run into this? Doesn't set on highway pulls or dyno pulls
Old 10-17-2015, 11:29 AM
mowton
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

These are sometimes very tough to diagnose. The issue is the pedal and TPS are not within a calibrated value (sorry not sure what that is) so you could log both and see when the dtc is triggered to get an idea of the magnitude of the difference. Then you would need to come up with a way to decrease that difference either at the pedal or TPS...

Sorry don't have more than that. I just worked on a C5, Forced induction setup (1000+ Horsepower) and every time he would do a burnout it would trigger and default to REP. The "fix" was not to release the pedal instantly when done with burnout, but release slower so there wasn't this big change in pressure against the Throttle Blade which can hinder or advance its closure sending a false position to the PCM.

Ed M
Old 10-17-2015, 10:48 PM
n20stroker
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mowton
These are sometimes very tough to diagnose. The issue is the pedal and TPS are not within a calibrated value (sorry not sure what that is) so you could log both and see when the dtc is triggered to get an idea of the magnitude of the difference. Then you would need to come up with a way to decrease that difference either at the pedal or TPS...

Sorry don't have more than that. I just worked on a C5, Forced induction setup (1000+ Horsepower) and every time he would do a burnout it would trigger and default to REP. The "fix" was not to release the pedal instantly when done with burnout, but release slower so there wasn't this big change in pressure against the Throttle Blade which can hinder or advance its closure sending a false position to the PCM.

Ed M
Thanks for the help. I was thinking same about releasing gas pedal when messing around.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:42 AM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by n20stroker
Hey guys need some help. I keep setting a p1515 dtc when I'm pedaling my car. Car is a 99 vette with a 402 with ysi. Also Running Ls2 intake With silver blade Tb.I swapped out with another ls2 tb and new jumper harness and still sets p1515 and reduce power. Anyone run into this? Doesn't set on highway pulls or dyno pulls

This code is a Electrical Current Circuit malfunction code and can be related to the transmission or the throttle position sensor. I would check any and all wires to the throttle assembly as well as those going to the transmission. Wish I had my OBD2 program finished, would send you a device that you could plug in and run the program to see a read out. Going be about 2 months before I finish it.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:05 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Look at this website link is below I use it often to diagnose codes---About 1/2 down the page they show the most common reasons for the code but also show a complete diagnostic procedure which is more technical----
http://www.gearchatter.com/viewtopic8510.php

Gearchatter also has another page on p1515 just google gerchatter DTC P1515 and both pages will pop up----This link is only for one of them I believe that P1515 is a mismatch between the" Commanded throttle position" VS the "Actual throttle position"
There are 2 major tables in your 99 ECM the deals with the ETC --One for calibraion and another one with ETC code reporting---You may want to check all those tables to see if the LS2 tables may have to be inputted into your LS1 ECM tune
Finally there is no P1515--P1514 etc in a LS2 tune only in a LS1 tune---I don't know how this may effect the code reporting

Get notified of new replies

To Help keep setting p1515

Quick Reply: Help keep setting p1515