C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Eoit help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 10:25 AM
enoniam
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
I have a 2000 C5 with the stupid dual VE tables. I'll admit that I struggled so badly with tuning that mess that I have just left my car MAF only. I'll put an 01 tune in it someday as I'd like to try a nice SD tune.Ron
My C5 is a 2000 as well. I've only changed the primary VE table and as noted running closed loop with LTFTs enabled. Car has ported 243 heads, 228/230 112 LSA cam, Weiand/Lingenfelter intake manifold, log tube headers without cats, and Corsa exhaust. I'm pretty happy with the tune but am looking to add the Vararam intake in 2016 which will probably drive me to do some more MAF calibration tuning.

Edit - Also running 42# injectors

Last edited by enoniam; 12-28-2015 at 10:29 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DKZC5 (09-07-2018)
Old 12-29-2015, 07:43 PM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by enoniam
My C5 is a 2000 as well. I've only changed the primary VE table and as noted running closed loop with LTFTs enabled. Car has ported 243 heads, 228/230 112 LSA cam, Weiand/Lingenfelter intake manifold, log tube headers without cats, and Corsa exhaust. I'm pretty happy with the tune but am looking to add the Vararam intake in 2016 which will probably drive me to do some more MAF calibration tuning.

Yeah, you will have to retune the MAF. Trims work well for the drive around stuff. Wideband for WOT. I tuned mine at the dragstrip. Best ET 10.99 Best mph 123.7
Old 12-30-2015, 10:16 AM
enoniam
Pro

Originally Posted by RonSSNova
Yeah, you will have to retune the MAF. Trims work well for the drive around stuff. Wideband for WOT. I tuned mine at the dragstrip. Best ET 10.99 Best mph 123.7
Nice time and speed!

What wideband do you use on the track? I ran the wideband sensors that could emulate the stock narrow band sensors and could screw into the front sensor bungs on my truck that 14point7 was selling a few years back, and reading their wideband output signal on two of my HPTuners Pro interface's analog inputs. One quit functioning properly after 6 months or less - I pulled them both and reinstalled the stock narrow bands as by that time I was as happy as I was going to be with the tune until I got around to installing my second-hand fuel pump voltage booster which I never did before deciding that engine's time had come. (Stock pump plus Vortech booster pump still dropping fuel pressure in that engine at around 5500 rpm and up at WOT and seeing up to about 11 pounds of boost. With help of the wideband sensors was able to compensate pretty well in the tune with the meth injection.)

14point7 started selling a different drop-in wideband sensor that could emulate the narrow band output with a better warranty about the time mine failed - that would be my current choice unless someone were to shed light for me on a better alternative.

Last edited by enoniam; 12-30-2015 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:05 PM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

Thanks.
I used an NGK AFX and logged with HPT.
My X-pipe has a bung right at the junction. And the X is right after the collectors. Not back in the middle of the car.
Works well!
enoniam (01-04-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 08:06 PM
hodge9386
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I use a aem wideband in my car and my truck and have never had a problem with them, super easy to use. I used a LC1 in my firebird and it worked well but it was a pain in the *** to set up and required a recal all the time.
enoniam (01-04-2016)
Old 09-07-2018, 04:35 PM
DKZC5
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Vararam intake in 2016..."

Originally Posted by enoniam

Curious if you ever added the Vararam. I have a similar build on my 1999, and many of the issues I'm experiencing are mentioned in this thread. I'm nearing the time of purchasing a tuner to resolve my running rich issue.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:20 PM
enoniam
Pro

Originally Posted by DKZC5
Curious if you ever added the Vararam. I have a similar build on my 1999, and many of the issues I'm experiencing are mentioned in this thread. I'm nearing the time of purchasing a tuner to resolve my running rich issue.
Installed the Vararam March of 2016. LTFTs went from slightly negative to rather high positive, up to about a 20% swing. Biggest difference in low flow region. That's where you'll generally see the biggest differences whenever making a change in the region of the MAF sensor.

Since then have installed higher ratio roller-tipped rockers and descreened the MAF, which also necessitated a MAF recal.

Quick Reply: Eoit help