C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

steering wheel position sensor fuel cap also stuck

Old 10-23-2015, 06:19 PM
gmbal4
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Default steering wheel position sensor fuel cap also stuck

I was heading out of town needed to gas up and the gas door will not pop open?? drove to Oreillys and they ran a scan test and it shows
c 1288 C1287 C1276 the guy who ran the test said wheel position sensor ?? Is it safe to drive my car out of town or should I just park it and get it fixed.

Automatic 55,000 miles
Old 10-26-2015, 01:30 PM
enoniam
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 46 Posts

It's safe to drive as long as you don't need active handling to save your butt. Mine's been broken for the last 4000 miles or so. Had to get a used one as the 99-00 cars have a particular sensor that you can't buy a new replacement for. Used one came but didn't have the locking tab in it so I wasn't sure how to line up the flats on the shaft with those on the sensor. I've now got it 180 degrees out. I either need to set up the wheel to be upside down when driving straight or pull the sensor and reinstall 180 degrees off of where it is now. I've already broken the air bag clock spring so at least I don't have to worry about that, LOL!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: steering wheel position sensor fuel cap also stuck