C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Review: Vengeance Racing Full tune (Mike)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 02:24 PM
camaroguy72
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Review: Vengeance Racing Full tune (Mike)

Had a great experience, figured I'd share.

My car had a tune on it which was causing a PO103 code all the time and the occasional P1514 which would put the car into reduced power mode when you get on it. Went and saw the guys at Vengeance. called Thursday and they had me in first thing on Friday, can't complain about that. Also was getting poor MPG, 13 on average.. maybe 20 on the highway only.

Get there and go over the list of mods. Then go out to the car to pull the ECU and see if it's locked. Sure enough, it was locked. Luckily they had a spare ECU there and it was mine for $125 instead of going home. He put a base tune on it based off what I told him the mods were, then went out to the car. Mike hooked up to the car and was figuring out all the specifics as far as fuel trims, which map sensor was in there, etc. Went for a drive to calibrate the MAF and more fine tuning. Came back, put it on the dyno for even more refinement. Made 512 to the wheels. Did 2 runs and called it quits so I wasn't going to risk damaging anything with the clutch with the valve covers leaking oil.

Some of the bonuses, you get free updates for 1 year. I may or not be able to make it back in the short term, but any changes can also be handled by mail. Customer service is top notch.. I had a few questions and Mike got back to me pretty immediately.

I searched on the forum about tuners and experience with tuners, but this guy walked me through it and I don't believe they have enough PR on the site. On-site tune, mail order, whatever.. Mike knows his stuff.

Thanks again @ Vengeance Racing. For $915 (ECU and full tune), I get to enjoy my car again and have you guys on the back end for 1 year if I need anything tune related.
Attached Images   

Last edited by camaroguy72; 02-10-2016 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 12:05 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

A P1514 code means that your combination has exceeded the "predicted airflow' in the stock tune----This is a very common code---Usually your engine needs to have about 50-75 RWHP over stock to throw a p1514-----This code will also put your car into reduced power mode----Even if you delete the P1514 code permanently the car will still go in RP mode only no codes will appear----A simple fix however is to alter the "predicted airflow table by adding at least 33% to the entire table--The more power you've gained above 75 RWHP the more % you should add----making this cjange will result in no more codes and no more RP messages
Old 12-22-2015, 07:41 AM
camaroguy72
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah, whatever Mike did he fixed it.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:39 PM
The Highlander
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike is top notch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2016, 01:27 AM
lewislgZ06
NCM Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,930 Likes on 2,015 Posts
2021 Corvette of the Year - Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Winner- Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by The Highlander
Mike is top notch!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes Sir, He's the man!
Old 02-22-2016, 12:20 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by camaroguy72
Had a great experience, figured I'd share.

My car had a tune on it which was causing a PO103 code all the time and the occasional P1514 which would put the car into reduced power mode when you get on it. Went and saw the guys at Vengeance. called Thursday and they had me in first thing on Friday, can't complain about that. Also was getting poor MPG, 13 on average.. maybe 20 on the highway only.

Get there and go over the list of mods. Then go out to the car to pull the ECU and see if it's locked. Sure enough, it was locked. Luckily they had a spare ECU there and it was mine for $125 instead of going home. He put a base tune on it based off what I told him the mods were, then went out to the car. Mike hooked up to the car and was figuring out all the specifics as far as fuel trims, which map sensor was in there, etc. Went for a drive to calibrate the MAF and more fine tuning. Came back, put it on the dyno for even more refinement. Made 512 to the wheels. Did 2 runs and called it quits so I wasn't going to risk damaging anything with the clutch with the valve covers leaking oil.

Some of the bonuses, you get free updates for 1 year. I may or not be able to make it back in the short term, but any changes can also be handled by mail. Customer service is top notch.. I had a few questions and Mike got back to me pretty immediately.

I searched on the forum about tuners and experience with tuners, but this guy walked me through it and I don't believe they have enough PR on the site. On-site tune, mail order, whatever.. Mike knows his stuff.

Thanks again @ Vengeance Racing. For $915 (ECU and full tune), I get to enjoy my car again and have you guys on the back end for 1 year if I need anything tune related.
Thanks for the kind words and for giving us the opportunity to correct your issues. Let us know if you ever need anything in the future.

Get notified of new replies

To Review: Vengeance Racing Full tune (Mike)

Quick Reply: Review: Vengeance Racing Full tune (Mike)