C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Lowering rev limiter

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 09:34 AM
kb1794
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering rev limiter

Hey guys, kind of an odd tuning question, I'm trying to lower the RPM limit or limit the power on an LS1. Friend of mine bought his son a 2000 Camaro Z28 and wants to limit it until he is a bit older. Is it possible/safe to just bring the rev limiter down to say 4000 RPM? I have access to EFI Live.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:53 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

There are several ways to limit HP TQ and speed on any LS application---I do several what I call "teenage driver tunes "
YES you can do it with RPM's On an automatic you must LOWER all the UPSHIFT points to 4000 and then the safety rev limiter to like 4200
IF the car is a 6 speed then just lower the safety rev limiter
However it has been my experience that most kids enjoy doing burnouts so just lowering the RPM's won't prevent that---So what I always do in addition is to also lower the maximum TQ in the tune---If the car has a traction control button this won't work as they can bypass this by turning the TC OFF----So I also go to the timing table in the WOT areas--From like 1000 RPM's to 4000 RPM's and set the timing way low----This will make the car a dog from a dead stop and prevent them from spinning the tires---I always set it to like 5* of timing--

Quick Reply: Lowering rev limiter