C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Help w/code BO605

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Vetteatlast
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help w/code BO605

Ive had electrical problems for about 2 months,ofcourse I havent driven it since it snows but first ill explain how my problem all started:
I went out one morning while it was still warm out and I have never had a problem starting the car since ive owned for about 4 yrs, the battery was almost completely dead except it barely had interior lights but not enought to turn the car over(the Battery was bought brand new in early spring last year).I jumped the car and it turned right over but I noticed I didnt have dash lights while it was running but I had dash lights if I turned on the parking lights,I got a code for left and right mirrors circuit and cleared the code and It didnt come back ,fast forward to today , i started it up to run it for a few minutes and shut it off and checked for codes and got BO605- which is (BCM internal memory malfunction. where do I start to look ?any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 04-26-2016, 05:33 PM
digmyvette
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vetteatlast
Ive had electrical problems for about 2 months,ofcourse I havent driven it since it snows but first ill explain how my problem all started:
I went out one morning while it was still warm out and I have never had a problem starting the car since ive owned for about 4 yrs, the battery was almost completely dead except it barely had interior lights but not enought to turn the car over(the Battery was bought brand new in early spring last year).I jumped the car and it turned right over but I noticed I didnt have dash lights while it was running but I had dash lights if I turned on the parking lights,I got a code for left and right mirrors circuit and cleared the code and It didnt come back ,fast forward to today , i started it up to run it for a few minutes and shut it off and checked for codes and got BO605- which is (BCM internal memory malfunction. where do I start to look ?any help would be greatly appreciated
If you didn't get a SERVICE TIRE MONITOR SYSTEM message, then a BCM is most likely the fault:
Circuit Description
The BCM calibrations are stored in the EEPROM. When the ignition is first turned ON, the BCM performs internal tests on the EEPROM and can determine the integrity of its non-volatile memory. The BCM compares its previously stored checksum with the checksum calculated when the ignition is first turned ON. If the two checksums do not match, the BCM will indicate a calibration malfunction (checksum error) is current.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
The stored checksum does not match the calculated checksum.
The BCM detects an internal memory malfunction (checksum error).
The condition must occur when the ignition is first turned ON.
Action Taken When the DTC Sets
Stores a DTC B0605 in the BCM memory.
No driver warning message will be displayed for this DTC.
Conditions for Clearing the DTC
This DTC requires an ignition cycle in order to change from current to history.
The BCM no longer detects an internal memory malfunction (checksum error).
A history DTC will clear after 50 consecutive ignition cycles if the condition for the malfunction is no longer present.
Use the IPC clearing DTCs feature.
Use a scan tool.
Diagnostic Aids
Since the EEPROM cannot be removed from the BCM and DTC B0605 is an internal BCM malfunction, the BCM must be replaced. Refer to Body Control Module Replacement.

Test Description
The number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the diagnostic table.

When the BCM is replaced, use a scan tool to perform the RPO Reprogramming procedure. Refer to Body Control Module (BCM) Programming/RPO Configuration.
DTC B0605 BCM Internal Memory Malfunction
Step
Action
Value(s)
Yes
No
Did you perform the BCM Diagnostic System Check?

Go to Step 2
Go to Diagnostic System Check - Body Control System
Important: Perform the BCM RPO Reprogram procedure. Refer to Body Control Module (BCM) Programming/RPO Configuration.
Replace the BCM. Refer to Body Control Module Replacement.
Did you complete the replacement?

System OK

Quick Reply: Help w/code BO605