C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Pro tuners around Wisconsin area needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 09:51 AM
jglassmaker
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Pro tuners around Wisconsin area needed

I have a MS4 cam with plenty of other mods from TSP

Their mail order tune got me going long enough to take it to a dyno shop in West Bend Wisconsin.... ... $600 and several phone calls including one long one with the owner and I will never go back.

So I've been looking ever since. Who are some of the best tuners around the Wisconsin area?

I have done tuning myself before but it takes so much time that I would rather just have a true pro do the job for me.
The following users liked this post:
dhpeck (12-30-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 09:56 PM
dhpeck
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Pro Tuners in WI

I'm in Green Bay, did you ever find a tuner in WI?

Originally Posted by jglassmaker
I have a MS4 cam with plenty of other mods from TSP

Their mail order tune got me going long enough to take it to a dyno shop in West Bend Wisconsin.... ... $600 and several phone calls including one long one with the owner and I will never go back.

So I've been looking ever since. Who are some of the best tuners around the Wisconsin area?

I have done tuning myself before but it takes so much time that I would rather just have a true pro do the job for me.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:46 PM
jglassmaker
Pro

Originally Posted by dhpeck
I'm in Green Bay, did you ever find a tuner in WI?
I did not, however I did purchase HP Tuners and a wideband and have been tuning the car myself. I have previous experience tuning other cars including a few LT1 Camaros.

I think I have the car running rather well now, far better than it did after West Bend Dyno charged me $600 to "professionally" tune it.
The following users liked this post:
dhpeck (12-30-2016)
Old 01-05-2017, 01:02 PM
81Ls1Camaro
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was professionally tuned by Speed Inc in Illinois. It definitely has some drive ability issues also. Dies coasting to a stop, other times high idles until you come to a complete stop, and wont stay running until you get some heat in the engine when outside temps are low. Seems like almost anyone can get the wot tables correct, but a lot of them miss the mark when it comes to the detailed stuff.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:23 PM
jglassmaker
Pro

Originally Posted by 81Ls1Camaro
Mine was professionally tuned by Speed Inc in Illinois. It definitely has some drive ability issues also. Dies coasting to a stop, other times high idles until you come to a complete stop, and wont stay running until you get some heat in the engine when outside temps are low. Seems like almost anyone can get the wot tables correct, but a lot of them miss the mark when it comes to the detailed stuff.
I had pretty much the exact same issues after mine was tuned for me. I've managed to fix those issues almost completely and the drivability is FAR better now - only took me 6ish months learning and about 200+ hours tuning to figure it out...
Old 03-21-2017, 08:22 AM
corvet786c
Drifting

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

I was going to take my car to that dyno place in West Bend, Do they know their stuff about LS cars and tuning?
Old 03-21-2017, 09:47 AM
jglassmaker
Pro

Originally Posted by corvet786c
I was going to take my car to that dyno place in West Bend, Do they know their stuff about LS cars and tuning?
I took my car there to be tuned and DO NOT recommend anyone go there after my experience.

They claim to be LS tuning experts, they are not. They fixed a startup issue I had but otherwise the car still had many issues, when I called to setup a retune (they had a 30 day retune policy) they gave me constant "too busy" excuses, eventually I as able to talk to the "owner" and he gave me excuse after excuse and I decided it wasn't worth my time.

After I got my HP Tuners for my car months later I compared the tune to a factory tune and discovered they only touched about 5 tables that included some abnormal tricks to fix my startup issue and never touched the timing tables or MAF tables.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:03 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I have been taking all of the road-race cars I set-up to Beyond Redline in Green Bay. They know they're stuff - from there website they look more like an import shop but they are very familiar with LS stuff.

Get notified of new replies

To Pro tuners around Wisconsin area needed

Quick Reply: Pro tuners around Wisconsin area needed