C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Dic codes.

Old 03-30-2016, 02:33 PM
Dave70
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dic codes.

Hi guys. I just bought a 01 Z06. The abs light is on. It was on when I purchased the car. The dealer said that they scanned for codes and the reason for the light is aftermarket braided break lines... Has anyone ever heard of or experienced this before? He said when the techs put the stock lines went on the light would go off. My question was then why didn't y'all just leave them on. Lol.

Ok guys picked up the car and it had about 12 codes that I can post if needed. They were all with the H behind it. I cleared all the codes and took it for about an hour drive engaged traction control and abs. Put it through its paces. When I got back all codes were gone with the exception of 5 codes for the RDCM AS FOLLOWS.
Hi-RDCM b2283h
B2285h
B2265h
Bv1064h
V1096h
Car felt great. Tcs worked so did abs.

Posted in the wrong place originally

Last edited by Dave70; 03-30-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:50 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

B codes are related not to the engine's computer but the "Body Control Module"
This computer controls things such as the ABS--traction control--Cruise control--suspension control--etc---
I have never heard of stainless brake lines causing BCM codes--but that being said it may be possible for some weird reason----I would research all the remaining codes online---I use "gearchatter.com" they see to be the best on C5 codes---so you can naorrow down the cause-----Most likely the codes are all "false codes" just due to the age of the car especially if you say all appears to be working correctly---Some false codes can be deleted with ECM tuning--by eliminating the testing of various engine functions--such as traction control and TQ management----
Old 04-16-2016, 08:13 AM
Dave70
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks tblu92. I think I've found the biggest problem is a short in the ignition switch. A couple of times I notices the turn signals would not work but then later would work fine. The next time I noticed they were not working I jiggled the key around then the turn signals worked and all the tcs,abs,etc lights came on.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:03 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

A Hammer and a "Jiggle" are often my best tools-----LOL

Get notified of new replies

To Dic codes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dic codes.