C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Harness rework with factory IC

Old 04-06-2016, 03:04 AM
num1racer
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Harness rework with factory IC

I am just starting out on my first LSX build into a 1938 chevy truck with c5 corvette suspension and drivetrain. Putting in an LQ4 motor with LS3 heads and intake (may upgrade to holley hi ram) and I bought a couple harnesses to rework for the build. First is from a 2002 Camaro ls1 and the other is a 2005 corvette harness. Both have the PCM's. Which one should I rework or does it matter? I also have the factory instrument cluster from a 2004 corvette that I want to use. Does anyone know the pin outs on the PCM to make this work? I know LT1swap.com has info to rework the harness, but I cant find the info for the cluster anywhere.

Also have questions about tuning and if it is wiser to have someone tune the PCM or how bad the learning curve is for HP tuners or what the best program is for noob's.

Thanks for any info anyone can provide.

Old 04-06-2016, 07:45 PM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

You need to look at the service manuals for each item you want to interface. I am not in the shop to look but you can ask in each section for the approximate schematics. I do not have camaro data but if you have not gotten the data send me a pm with your email and I can send you copies.
John

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harness rework with factory IC