C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Diablew Tune - very happy!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 04:20 PM
ColinG
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Diablew Tune - very happy!

Being based in the UK getting the car tuned can be a challenge as there are not many people who have the necessary experience with LS engines and Corvettes. Another option was a mail order tune but I didn't want my car to be off the road for a few weeks when the PCM was sent away, I also didn't want to pay extortionate international shipping and import duties/taxes etc so I started to look at handheld tuners.

After plenty of research on this forum I ended up purchasing the Diablosport inTune with a custom tune from Lewis at Diablew Tune. The unit arrived within three days which is impressive in itself and I installed the canned performance tune on my stock '99 with A4 and straight away I noticed the difference particularly the mid-range torque. After 150 miles I did the data logging and sent the file to Lew for his custom tune which was returned within hours and installed. Wow! What a difference, the car has been transformed with much better throttle response, a smoother and more manageable tranny and the butt-dyno is putting a big grin on my face. The car is pulling much stronger now and I can't believe the difference the custom tune has made.

To top all that, the advice and customer service from Lew has been superb, he has sent me plenty of info and sorted out some minor issues I was having. If you are considering this approach for tuning your car give him a call - highly recommended.

Thanks Lew!
The following users liked this post:
06MonteSS (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Brit dex
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Yep just going to add mine endorsement to this too, I got one and again made a big difference..

just for info in case anyone else out there has a 99 car.. mine has an issue when you load tune it goes into limp mode and won't start...
spoke to tech support etc and if this happens you need to disconnect battery for few minutes, flash the system and it works fine.. I have had to do this for every update.. but doesn't happen on all cars..
The following users liked this post:
06MonteSS (05-06-2016)
Old 05-06-2016, 12:32 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

awesome! glad to hear it guys!

Thank you!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com

Get notified of new replies

To Diablew Tune - very happy!

Quick Reply: Diablew Tune - very happy!