C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

C5 Northern Ca Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2016, 10:32 PM
harrykerry
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default C5 Northern Ca Tune?

Hi, I recently got a 1998 c5 Nassau Blue, and love it. Just had my ebcm messed up, and am looking for another. But I may let it wait and spend the money on a fast 92 intake, and a LS2 TB. Both will be ported. Have installed Magnaflows, which look good, but was hoping for more nasty sound on throttle...Anyways, I was told that after installing the manifold, and TB, I will need a tune...Im near Redding, Ca. Any Ideas out there would be appreciated, Sac is 3 hours from my house.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:59 PM
moosifer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark Romans tuned my car a few years back. He is in Roseville. I would PM his info but I got locked out I guess. I havent logged in here since January.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:38 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

My opinion --You are wasting your money installing a Fast (2 and a LS2 T-body on a stock C5 LS1 engine------Those mods are typically best suited for larger than stock cubic inches or foe engines that normally run over 6800 RPM----
If you car is a bolt on type car with a stock cam/heads you would be far better off spending your $$ on other mods----The mods you are anticipating are an overkill for a basically stock engine and it will develop drive abilty issues

On a 98 your best bang for the buck would be
1 install a LS6 intake manifold
2 Have your stock T-Body ported ( only about $150)
3 Install either shorty headers (12 HP) or long tubes (25HP)
4 install a mild to mid cam
all these mods do not require a large intake manifold or T-Body-for the reasons I mentioned above-----A ported Fast 92 can cost $1000 and a LS2 T-body $300
I have seen so many people go the route you are thinkin of only to go backwards in HP and also have many drive ability issues
Old 06-12-2016, 03:05 AM
harrykerry
Instructor

Default Thanks for the advice!

I gave up on the Fast Intake, spent the money on Bilsteins, sway bars, and BB bullets...
Old 06-17-2016, 01:14 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by harrykerry
I gave up on the Fast Intake, spent the money on Bilsteins, sway bars, and BB bullets...
Glad to hear it-----Improving the suspension will make your car handle better---using all the HP it has----next if you choose to increase the HP of your engine use my guideline 1st And If you get to the point where you can even use more HP to your advantage---go for a cam and LT headers------As I said A large intake manifold and a larger than stock T-Body is only an advantage with larger than stock cubic inches or a car that runs over 6800 RPM's most of the time----
Old 06-17-2016, 01:51 AM
harrykerry
Instructor

Default Thanks

Thanks alot for the advice, Im learning alot from you and others on this forum....Got my EBCM replaced, no more anti lock or traction control lights, next replace the oil sending unit, and Im ready for a road trip!

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Northern Ca Tune?

Quick Reply: C5 Northern Ca Tune?