C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 06:16 PM
bluemike28
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Dyno Results

Before and After

Before: Bone stock 2003 AE. A4. Performance 3.15 axle.

After:
CAI
160 Thermostat
NGK Plugs
MSD Plug Wires
TSP 1 7/8" Long Tues
TSP high flow 3" x pipe with cats
Dyno Tune

Thoughts? What is concerning me is how the HP is falling off well before 6K rpm. The chart only runs up to about 5600 as the shop was ending the run since they could see power falling off. My guess is that whatever the cause is, it was present before the mods since the stock curves show similar behavior on the upper end. The car only has 8700 original miles and save for a rebuilt transmission, has had no major work done to it. Any help or suggestions on what to look at would be greatly appreciated because I have no clue where to start beyond the fuel filter.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images  

Last edited by bluemike28; 06-07-2016 at 09:05 PM. Reason: added info
Old 06-08-2016, 11:48 AM
Mr. Jones
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

the curve almost looks like it was plotted in reverse.
I see the tq/hp cross at 5200 this looks normal.
hard to believe the engine HP of 371 in the 3800rpm range also.
Usually a drop off at the upper RPM is fuel, weak valve springs or tune.

Last edited by Mr. Jones; 06-08-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Rsharpatx
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

When i had my bone stock on a dyno my max torque was right around 3200 rpms and had the same curve was really disappointing and made little sense to me.
Old 06-12-2016, 01:51 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

A stock C5 cam signs off at around 5800 to 6000 RPM's Seems like your car in giving up far earlier
Remember that a CAI only works when the car is in motion --most often on a dyno they will show little HP gains as the car is sitting still
Not enough is known from the dyno results to figure out what's going wrong
I would guess that either the actual timing is going way south due to false knock or you are getting real pinging at WOT
2nd your WOT AFR ratio can be very far off--most likely too rich (if you don't hear any pinging"
Ony by putting your car on a data logger with HP or EFILIVE you will be able to see where all the HP has gone----
I doubt it;s your fuel filter But you can check that by testing your fuel pressure under a load where it should be at least 50 PSI--

Also Long tube headers without tuning will most always show almost no HP gains or very little without tuning-----Seems you can sort all this out with a proper tune----

Get notified of new replies

To Dyno Results

Quick Reply: Dyno Results