C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Fuel Gauge TSB update with TUNE (HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 03:37 PM
JRHMUMBL3
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Fuel Gauge TSB update with TUNE (HELP)

Hey everybody,

My vehicle is currently experiencing the dreadful sending unit "false empty" issue.

My question is, does anybody know if having the update performed affect/clear my tune?

Below is the copy of the TSB.

Thanks guys.

Erratic Fuel Gauge Reading (Reprogram the PCM) #02-06-04-010A - (06/27/2003)
Erratic Fuel Gauge Reading (Reprogram the PCM)
1999-2002 Chevrolet Corvette
This bulletin is being revised to add models and update the Correction and Warranty Information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 02-06-04-010 (Section 06- Engine).

Condition
Some owners may comment about the fuel gauge intermittently indicating an empty reading and then return to the correct fuel level indication.

Cause
This condition may result when fuel blends containing aggressive sulphur compounds react with the fuel sender assembly, which may result in voltage spikes being induced on the fuel level signal to the PCM. Use of another fuel blend may reverse this reaction and return the system to normal operation.

Correction
Reprogram the PCM with the new service calibration which is available in the June 2003, TechlineŽ TIS release sent to the dealers on 6/28/03. Use the TIS Version 7 or later data update.

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

J6354
Powertrain Controller - Reprogram

Quick Reply: Fuel Gauge TSB update with TUNE (HELP)