C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Need tuning help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 07:56 PM
bamavette11
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AL Events Coordinator

Default Need tuning help !!!

I am fairly new to tuning with HPT so any help is much appreciated.

I have a 2001 corvette and recently changed the cam, springs, and fuel injectors. Fuel injectors are Racetronix 42lb injectors. The cam is a Comp cam 230/234 duration at .050 with a 111 LSA and 3 degrees of advance. I need to get the car to run and the AFR to be 14ish so I can run the car long enough for the valves to seat, I have read many forum post and watched videos and followed directions but my last AFR was around 10. I am posting my tune and a runfile, the runfile is short but I hope its enough for some assistance.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
tune 6-23.hpl (12.7 KB, 50 views)
File Type: hpl
16-06-23 22-58-32.hpl (12.7 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by bamavette11; 06-24-2016 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:28 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Looks like you are the latest HPT 3.0, I'm not up to speed with that version so I cannot view. Looking at your profile & your post, you've change injector's so is that data solid with your new injector's? If not I might suggest going back to the original injectors & data for start up.

As an option you can open your VCM control in the scanner & adjust the AFR while it's running. Are you still CL, if so you can watch your trims to verify your WB is in the ball park.

That cam has a far bit of overlap, it will be handful @ idle. With your VCM controls you can bump the idle RPM, I would flash a higher idle RPM in the tune while you are working the start up. Maybe bump the BRAF as well depending on the previous set up.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:45 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

The most important issue you face is from the larger injectors----Until you get the IFR rate correct in your tune---YES your engine will run horribly rich----You cannot even attempt to correct any of the cam related issues until this is sorted out 1st
ALSO Very important--Most aftermarket injectors are rated at 43 PSI or 3 Bar----However on a Corvette the injectors are rated at 53 PSI or 4 bar----If you new injectors are rated at 3 bar you most convert them in your tune to 4 bar
A 42 lb injector at 3 bar will become a 47 lb injector at 4 bar or a Corvette
PLUS you simply can't input 47 lbs into the entire IFR table--as at idle typically the IFR is imputted somewhat higher ( to aid in idle and low RPM running) and somewhat lower at WOT to provide more fuel----Lower numbers than the actual size makes the fueiing richer and higher numbers than the actual size make the fueling leaner-----This is called "scaling"

Get notified of new replies

To Need tuning help !!!

Quick Reply: Need tuning help !!!