C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

When dino tuning do you deactivate active handling?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:55 PM
01vetter
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 21 Posts

Default When dino tuning do you deactivate active handling?

Mine doesn't appear to be working. No codes, no comms errors on DIC. I had the car dyno tuned. I am just wondering if it was possibly turned off.
Old 07-27-2016, 01:48 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Don't quite understand what your issue is ?? Are you saying when dyno tuned the numbers were low ?
Yes -----when on the dyno you must turn off the TC and active handling However you should still get a DTC or ABS message as on the dyno as the front wheels are stationary and that will light up your dash with messages---But this is common--just ignore them--
Old 07-27-2016, 11:28 AM
01vetter
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 21 Posts

Default After tune no active handling when driving.

Originally Posted by tblu92
Don't quite understand what your issue is ?? Are you saying when dyno tuned the numbers were low ?
Yes -----when on the dyno you must turn off the TC and active handling However you should still get a DTC or ABS message as on the dyno as the front wheels are stationary and that will light up your dash with messages---But this is common--just ignore them--
My active handling doesn't appear to be working. A week ago I nearly lost it when my rear end slid out. I didn't detect any active handling intervention. I took my car to an empty parking lot and induced a spin out and again no active handling intervention. I have no codes and no comm errors on the DIC. I was wondering if my tuner could have deactivated active handling in the PCM during the tune and forgot to turn it on.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:48 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

I don't believe that TUNING can deactivate your Active Handing system
As far as I know A/H only prevents the car from pitching sideways on a hard launch but only when the car is pointed straight----I do not think it has any affect on handling when the car is turning or in the process of a circular burnout----At least on my car it has no affect other than keeping the car going straight on a straight launch

Get notified of new replies

To When dino tuning do you deactivate active handling?

Quick Reply: When dino tuning do you deactivate active handling?