C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Bill C, I need your help! No comm issues.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Cleonard
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Bill C, I need your help! No comm issues.

Yesterday my windows quit working driver and passenger side. I did some searches and tried pulling the wires out of the accordion in the door jambs. Now my windows work but I am getting a REP, my instrument cluster is acting up comma, and a ton of codes. It will start and doesn't seem to be in REP mode, but nonetheless something is not right. I have pulled the grey tabs off the plugs near the BCM and they look fine. I have unplugged all the wires going to the BCM and the plugs in the door jambs and they look fine. No sign of oxidation on the BCM. What next?

PCM No Comm
BCM U1255 H C
SDM U1000 H C
SDM U1016 H C
BO-RFA U1000 H C

Colby

Last edited by Cleonard; 08-03-2016 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Cleonard
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also visually checked all fuses but haven't yet tested for ground and voltage with a meter. Would the no comm to the PCM cause all the other codes?

Colby

Last edited by Cleonard; 08-03-2016 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 11:46 AM
Dark Syde
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Originally Posted by Cleonard
I also visually checked all fuses but haven't yet tested for ground and voltage with a meter. Would the no comm to the PCM cause all the other codes?

Colby
Any luck with this? I am having the same problem intermittently. I use the "shake the door wire harness" trick and it fixes it for a while...
Old 11-09-2016, 02:20 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Are you talking about No Communication to your ECM when you plug into your OBD2 port ?? If so this is a very common issue as GM hides the fuse to your OBD2 port on your car's cigarette lighter fuse------Make sure the cig ligther fuse is not blown----This is why it is recommended to never use any cig lighter adapters to charge any electronic devices as they can prevent the OBD2 port from having power and cause a no comm issue

Get notified of new replies

To Bill C, I need your help! No comm issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bill C, I need your help! No comm issues.