C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

diablo tuner questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 09:40 PM
brett&gayle
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diablo tuner questions

i just acquired a 99 c5 today and it had a diablo tuner in the glove box and the little kid in me came out and i plugged it into the obd2 port just to see if i could find out what tune was in the car. well after realizing i was not where i needed to be i let the tuner do its thing and waited for it to tell me to disconnect ..... when i went to start the car it would start for a second and die. i disconnected the neg battery cable and it starts and runs thru the neighborhood i need to know what to do can someone help me please????!!!! PS it has a BBK intake, 80 mm tb, cold air intake, and borla cat back exhaust.

Last edited by brett&gayle; 08-29-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:45 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

So is it still dying after start up ??
If not then don't worry--Most likey it is a column lock issue that is putting the car into the no start mode This is common on all 97-99's
If it happens again report back and see if you can pull up any codes or messages on the dash
Old 08-30-2016, 09:55 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

on those older vette calibrations, it's not uncommon to have to disconnect the battery cable after a tune flash for that exact issue.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 08-31-2016, 07:10 AM
brett&gayle
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats exactly what i had to do. thanks for the info

Get notified of new replies

To diablo tuner questions

Quick Reply: diablo tuner questions