C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Diablo InTune Handheld Tuner - Email Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Diablo InTune Handheld Tuner - Email Tunes

Hello all,

I haven't seen to many if any threads on using an Intune Diablo tuner on the C5's.

I have one of these tuners from a previous vehicle and would like to use it on my 2000 C5 6-Speed.

What are the reviews on this tuner for the C5?

Does anyone do email tunes? My car is bone stock right now and I would like to keep it that way for a while.

Any advice is appreciated. I'd like to turn off the skip shift, improve throttle response and pick up a few horsepower.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:53 PM
Vett4MVZ
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Diablo

Originally Posted by Roddy13
Hello all,

I haven't seen to many if any threads on using an Intune Diablo tuner on the C5's.

I have one of these tuners from a previous vehicle and would like to use it on my 2000 C5 6-Speed.

What are the reviews on this tuner for the C5?

Does anyone do email tunes? My car is bone stock right now and I would like to keep it that way for a while.

Any advice is appreciated. I'd like to turn off the skip shift, improve throttle response and pick up a few horsepower.
Just installed the Diablo Tune in my 2000 coupe. Also programed the cooling fans to come on at lower temp. Car is stock with exception of a CAI. Throttle response is much better and seems to pull harder in all gears. IMHO worth every penny
MVZ
The following users liked this post:
mid-life@27 (10-26-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vett4MVZ
Just installed the Diablo Tune in my 2000 coupe. Also programed the cooling fans to come on at lower temp. Car is stock with exception of a CAI. Throttle response is much better and seems to pull harder in all gears. IMHO worth every penny
MVZ
Excellent great feedback.

I'd like to know who can do an emailed customer tune if anyone knows
Old 09-14-2016, 09:07 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Check w/ forum member 06MonteSS.
He writes the tunes after reading your log, then provides the tune via email.
You may not need anything other than the 92 octane tune, which may not require his assistance once the unit is mated to your car.
I'm getting ready to link my Intune to my '99, but I have to find out how to remove the VIN from my old car from the device.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:12 AM
Vett4MVZ
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by C5inWV
Check w/ forum member 06MonteSS.
He writes the tunes after reading your log, then provides the tune via email.
You may not need anything other than the 92 octane tune, which may not require his assistance once the unit is mated to your car.
I'm getting ready to link my Intune to my '99, but I have to find out how to remove the VIN from my old car from the device.
Google Diablew tune. the site says he can add a custom tune to your vehicle via email using the Diablo Intune for $150
MVZ
Old 09-15-2016, 11:17 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

yes, I can definitely get you hooked up with a custom tune for your car..

www.diablewtune.com

https://www.facebook.com/DiabLewTuneGM/

can email directly: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 09-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 06MonteSS
yes, I can definitely get you hooked up with a custom tune for your car..

www.diablewtune.com

https://www.facebook.com/DiabLewTuneGM/

can email directly: diablo DOT help AT gmail DOT com

Thanks Lew, you tuned my truck a few years ago, it was a pretty good tune, I didn't know you did the Corvette's too. I'll be in touch!
Old 09-15-2016, 02:08 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

yes sir.. I do all GM vehicles.. I'm a GM guy myself, (monte carlo ss, camaro ss ls3, sierra), so all I do is GM's
The following users liked this post:
Fiberbundle (07-17-2022)
Old 09-15-2016, 07:20 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vett4MVZ
Google Diablew tune. the site says he can add a custom tune to your vehicle via email using the Diablo Intune for $150
MVZ
That is true, but the device has to be mated to your vehicle first. If your Intune has another car's VIN in it, the device won't work.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:50 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

as long as he restored original backup stock tune to previous vehicle, the intune will be unlocked/reset and good to go, can tune the vette no problem..
Old 09-16-2016, 07:36 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

as long as he restored original backup stock tune to previous vehicle, the intune will be unlocked/reset and good to go, can tune the vette no problem..
I didn't think it would be fair to sell my car to someone w/ the CEL on, so I left the tune in it.
The buyer didn't want the Intune device, despite my recommendations.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:33 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

I got my inTune reset to my vehicle yesterday. I installed the Diablosport tune but haven't had time to drive it yet to see if it made a difference on my unmodified engine.
Resetting the tool was as easy as calling the Diablosport support line, paying $150, and entering the reset code they provided. It was all done before I hung up the phone.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:22 PM
Roddy13
Burning Brakes

I got my inTune reset to my vehicle yesterday. I installed the Diablosport tune but haven't had time to drive it yet to see if it made a difference on my unmodified engine.
Resetting the tool was as easy as calling the Diablosport support line, paying $150, and entering the reset code they provided. It was all done before I hung up the phone.
Im interested to hear your feedback on the canned tune and if you plan to get an email tune. I contacted ECS to see if they still do email tunes for the Diablo intune... Waiting to hear back
Old 10-03-2016, 08:44 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

Anyone know if you have to pay for credits or only allowed to do X amount of tunes?

How much gain of hp and tq to be expected? Even if it's on 5hp and 5tq.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:09 AM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

you can tune a single vehicle as many times as you want with an inTune i1000 or inTune i2..

if you want to tune additional supported vehicles at the same time, you can only do that with an inTune i2.. and you would need to purchase additional licenses for each additional supported vehicle that you want to tune with it.

the inTune i1000 can not tune multiple vehicles - you can only tune 1 vehicle at a time with the i1000.. you would have to restore the original backup stock tune to currently tuned vehicle in order to unlock/reset the i1000, and then you could use it on another supported vehicle.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:28 PM
My Vette Life
Safety Car

Received 240 Likes on 186 Posts

you can tune a single vehicle as many times as you want with an inTune i1000 or inTune i2..

if you want to tune additional supported vehicles at the same time, you can only do that with an inTune i2.. and you would need to purchase additional licenses for each additional supported vehicle that you want to tune with it.

the inTune i1000 can not tune multiple vehicles - you can only tune 1 vehicle at a time with the i1000.. you would have to restore the original backup stock tune to currently tuned vehicle in order to unlock/reset the i1000, and then you could use it on another supported vehicle.
Thanks,

Anyone know How much gain of hp and tq to be expected? Even if it's on 5hp and 5tq.

Advantages or disadvantages from this tuner to others?
Old 10-04-2016, 04:12 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

http://www.diablosport.com/intune-i2...r-gm-vehicles/

Get notified of new replies

To Diablo InTune Handheld Tuner - Email Tunes

Old 10-04-2016, 04:20 PM
oemtech
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 116 Posts

Assuming you have access to your old car, just restore your stock tune. This leaves the device UN-MARRIED and you can use it on your new car.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:20 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by oemtech
Assuming you have access to your old car, just restore your stock tune. This leaves the device UN-MARRIED and you can use it on your new car.
See posts # 11 & 12 above
Old 10-07-2016, 07:27 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Roddy13
Im interested to hear your feedback on the canned tune and if you plan to get an email tune. I contacted ECS to see if they still do email tunes for the Diablo intune... Waiting to hear back
I drove the car on track today for the first time since loading the canned tune. It ran well w/o any hiccups.
The last time out I could only get to 120 mph on the front straight at Summit Point, but today I hit 130 a few times.
The car could still benefit from more power considering the chassis and handling are where I want them. I probably won't get a custom tune until I install long tube headers and an intake manifold/ throttle body.
I will go w/ monteSS again since I had success w/ his tunes in the past.

Quick Reply: Diablo InTune Handheld Tuner - Email Tunes