C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

question about ltft's

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 07:55 AM
04zjimc
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 98 Posts
Default question about ltft's

I have a 04z headers,Vararam intake, tune from ecs. My question is I have dual aeroforce gauges and wanted to know what trims should I see at idle,part throttle...
Old 10-13-2016, 09:15 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by 04zjimc
I have a 04z headers,Vararam intake, tune from ecs. My question is I have dual aeroforce gauges and wanted to know what trims should I see at idle,part throttle...

They are going to bounce around from different ambient temps, coolant temps and altitudes, but in a perfect world you would want to see 0 or slightly negative. If you have trims that are way off let me know and we can make an adjustment, N/C of course.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:33 AM
04zjimc
Drifting

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
They are going to bounce around from different ambient temps, coolant temps and altitudes, but in a perfect world you would want to see 0 or slightly negative. If you have trims that are way off let me know and we can make an adjustment, N/C of course.
hey doug thanks...I could be way off here..but I read somewhere that by driving on a highway at something like 55 or 60 mph the ltft's should read a certain number?
Old 10-13-2016, 10:16 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by 04zjimc
hey doug thanks...I could be way off here..but I read somewhere that by driving on a highway at something like 55 or 60 mph the ltft's should read a certain number?
No, they change constantly. It's just showing you the amount the computer is correcting to get your A/F ratio to 14.68.
Old 10-16-2016, 01:22 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

To confirm what Doug said-----Your LTFT's will bounce around somewhat----The more modded your engine is internally the more the LTFT's will oscillate
Normally after about 50-75 miles of normal driving your P/T LTFT's will eventually "learn out" and settle on "0"
Remember that any negative LTFT will NOT be carried over to WOT as a lean safety--However if you have a positive LTFT "just before going to WOT" that positive % will be carried over to your WOT fueling as well--again as a lean saftey----So any positive LTFT JBGTWOT will be added to your PE fuel and make your engine run very rich
That is why it is common tuning practice to try and get all your P/T LTFT's to read "0" or slightly negative so you don't get any accidental WOT enrichmnet
Old 10-16-2016, 09:38 AM
04zjimc
Drifting

Originally Posted by tblu92
To confirm what Doug said-----Your LTFT's will bounce around somewhat----The more modded your engine is internally the more the LTFT's will oscillate
Normally after about 50-75 miles of normal driving your P/T LTFT's will eventually "learn out" and settle on "0"
Remember that any negative LTFT will NOT be carried over to WOT as a lean safety--However if you have a positive LTFT "just before going to WOT" that positive % will be carried over to your WOT fueling as well--again as a lean saftey----So any positive LTFT JBGTWOT will be added to your PE fuel and make your engine run very rich
That is why it is common tuning practice to try and get all your P/T LTFT's to read "0" or slightly negative so don't get any accidental WOT enrichmnet
my bank 1 and bank 2 are way different sometimes...bank 1 being higher for example -4.5 bank 2, 0.0 or alittle bit neg. When I first start my car it's loud then after a few minutes I would say it's 30% lower? I know you said you added more fuel down low but I don't know if my exhaust should be that quiet? Not with headers and a catback.. honestly I'm starting to feel like I have a partialy clogged cat. Most of the time I feel like I'm pulling a boat then, out of the blue my low end power is great then back to pulling a boat again... sorry I was posting this for doug...also how does the strap on this plug look?

Last edited by 04zjimc; 10-16-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:09 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

When your eng is 1st started it runs in "open loop mode" it is louder in open loop --- OL is used on all starts both cold and warm----OL is also used as a back-up fueling table in case of an 02 fault----more fuel as well as higher idle speeds
Your coolant temp must reach apprx 140* before it swicthes to "closed loop"--After warmed instead of a coolant trigger it changes to a timer--usually 20-40 seconds
In OL the timing and fueling is commanded strictly by what's in your tune --NO 02 input
When the ECM switches to CL --the front 02's come alive and now they are commanding all your P/T fueling-----
As far as your plugs go-----We need to see the other side of the strap
The spot on the strap where the color changes tells whether you have too much or too little timing at WOT-----
To check fueling with a plug you need to look down inside the center of the plug
This is not as accurate as the timing check--However it's best to have color (light brown or tan) approx 1/8 to 1/4 inch off the bottom----You can also check the center for oil contaminaton---Oil contamination is an oily residue or a black center electrode
It can be a simple fix as adding a catch can or needing new valve seals----or as bad as worn out rings

Get notified of new replies

To question about ltft's

Quick Reply: question about ltft's