C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Great Article On Gen III PCM Interchangability. Books F/S Too!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 09:57 AM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy
Default Great Article On Gen III PCM Interchangability. Books F/S Too!

I'm going through PCM hell on my car and may have just this morning found a replacement for mine. (and cheap! )

I was fully prepared to head to the junkyard to scavenge on other vehicles but when I googled up what was going to work, I found this article describing what PCMs are in what vehicles and will work with what other peripherals. This is possibly the most definitive collection of tech info on Gen3 Pcms that I've seen. I'm buying the book, and a few others.

Looking further I see they sell all sorts of car build books. If the others are as useful as this free excerpt from the PCM book, I'll be picking up a bunch.

I signed up for their free tech articles too. If I get spammed, well, it's a spam email I gave em anyway. All told, it looks like some great info. I know it saved me a good bit of time and money already with my bastard PCM. Figures, the one they talk about as "the most rare of the PCMs" is the one in my car.

http://www.lsenginediy.com/comparing...i-controllers/
The following 2 users liked this post by K-Spaz:
Greg_E (10-27-2016), Rob 02 (10-24-2016)

Quick Reply: Great Article On Gen III PCM Interchangability. Books F/S Too!