C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

EFI Live and autocal

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2016, 12:59 PM
Caveboy
Drifting

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Default EFI Live and autocal

If I am getting a tune with autocal and efi. Could I go back in in a later day to review and modify it with HPtuner if the tune is locked down?
Old 11-11-2016, 10:54 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

This does not come down to HP VS EFILIVE-------It comes down to the tuner Any tuner whether using HP or EFILIVE has the ability to "LOCK" a tune------As long as your previous tuner regardless of which software they used ----as long as they didn't lock the tune---you should be able to view and re-write the tune----( same goes foe handheld tuners) Most all handheld tunes are NOT locked
Old 11-11-2016, 11:26 PM
Caveboy
Drifting

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

My question is if I have a EFI locked tune, could I modify it with an HP tuner if I chose to go that later
Old 11-13-2016, 11:06 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Rather complicated but YES If your tune is locked--you can have your ECM reflashed by the local dealer to return it to 100% stock ( for less than $150)
But also an experienced tuner can also reflash your locked ECM by doing what they call a "FULL FLASH" A full flash must be done not only by using the same year model but by also using the exact same "operating system" Within the year model of your car there are several operating systems---When doing a full flash your tuner must full flash the stock tune with a car that had the same exact OS system as your car originally had---
Otherwise some of the systems on your car may not work properly---Most common would be the fuel gauge--cruise control--ABS braking--door locks--stereo
Old 11-15-2016, 08:50 PM
kp1
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I pulled my PCM & sent it off to be unlocked. If you want to do that, PM me & I'll give you the contact info. I think it cost me about $75 including shipping both ways, but that was 6 or 7 years ago.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:04 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default PCMs......

Originally Posted by tblu92
Rather complicated but YES If your tune is locked--you can have your ECM reflashed by the local dealer to return it to 100% stock ( for less than $150)
But also an experienced tuner can also reflash your locked ECM by doing what they call a "FULL FLASH" A full flash must be done not only by using the same year model but by also using the exact same "operating system" Within the year model of your car there are several operating systems---When doing a full flash your tuner must full flash the stock tune with a car that had the same exact OS system as your car originally had---
Otherwise some of the systems on your car may not work properly---Most common would be the fuel gauge--cruise control--ABS braking--door locks--stereo

Hey Guys. Once a pcm is locked, do dealer can unlock it. 99% of all tuners can not do it either.

It takes me anywhere between 1 ad 15 days to do it depending on how it was locked.

Actually, for those of you that have "munched" E38s that were flashed with a wrong year calibration (and subquently locked in addition) I can usually get those working again as well. It just takes time.

The fastest way to unlock them is to get them to the tuner that locked them....and ask nicely.

If you have no luck, I have hundreds of C6 pcms on hand for every year and model.

Call me any time you need help.

Thanks!
Chuck CoW 914-332-0049

Get notified of new replies

To EFI Live and autocal

Quick Reply: EFI Live and autocal