C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Can someone look at this tune and tell me whats going on?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 06:12 PM
1dwn5up
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can someone look at this tune and tell me whats going on?

For about the first week this tune was great.. then after I got about 400 miles on it, it started going really lean coming off the throttle and it's sluggish and also goes lean and get very sluggish just driving through a parking lot at part throttle. Sorry about no logs but I haven't drove the car in a few days
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
11-16.hpt (221.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 11-16-2016, 06:19 PM
1dwn5up
Instructor

Forgot to mention is a 99 6 speed, long tubes with no cats, SLP powerflow,A&A ti trim with a 3.8 pulley
Old 12-05-2016, 04:09 PM
1dwn5up
Instructor

I'm definitely still having problems with the car. I've got a couple short logs of driving it now if that would help any.
Old 12-05-2016, 06:36 PM
1dwn5up
Instructor

Here is the data logs.. they're short but I'm a little afraid to drive it that much with the way it acts
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
11-29-1.hpl (115.1 KB, 57 views)
11-29-2.hpl (203.3 KB, 47 views)
11-29-3.hpl (503.3 KB, 137 views)
11-29-4.hpl (126.1 KB, 88 views)
11-29-5.hpl (250.0 KB, 43 views)
11-29-6.hpl (355.7 KB, 154 views)
Old 12-09-2016, 06:56 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

Originally Posted by 1dwn5up
For about the first week this tune was great.. then after I got about 400 miles on it, it started going really lean coming off the throttle and it's sluggish and also goes lean and get very sluggish just driving through a parking lot at part throttle. Sorry about no logs but I haven't drove the car in a few days
I didn't look at the tune or the logs because they won't mean much anyway. It's not really important for what I'll add.

Fwiw, it helps to also post the channels file, graphs, gauges, etc. To truly look at a log you also need those. Without them I'm not sure we'd see what you see.

I'm no expert tuner by any means, so this will be worth what you paid. So I'll just relate my experiences. Your symptoms above lead me to believe you've got a vacuum leak, probably at your intake. I'd begin by re-torqueing that. If I recall correctly, 88 INCH pounds. Verify that torque spec for your setup though. I find that on new builds or after an intake removal, mine needs torqued a few times after warm up cycles. Mine had bolts that were 1/2 a turn loose after a week of driving.

Next, and either if that above is true or not, it appears to me your base tune is wrong. Might be close, but it make me think your VE table isn't right, nor is the MAF table. Clear your LTFT's and see if that doesn't get it back to what you had a few weeks ago. If it does, then you know there is something wrong with the base tune. Till that is resolved, it'll keep 'learning' incorrect AFRs.

You might also consider verifying your wideband is wired correctly so you get an exact afr. If that ground isn't good and the MCPI isn't grounded at the same place, I'd be skeptical of the info you're getting.

Take that for what it's worth. I'd start over with the VE table tuning.

Get notified of new replies

To Can someone look at this tune and tell me whats going on?

Quick Reply: Can someone look at this tune and tell me whats going on?