C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Any hand held tuners that would perform

Old 11-19-2016, 05:53 PM
Pizzano
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Any hand held tuners that would perform

Hello folks , I have a 98 6 spd with a Maggie MP112, upgraded Lingenfelter fuel pump, full exhaust , upgraded valve springs , cooling and fans, throttle body, Blackwing,

Are there any hand held tuners that I could use to tweek my existing tune, such as Fuel/air etc , I do believe its running a little rich (exhaust smell) .

Thanks
Old 11-19-2016, 10:57 PM
lar66BB
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizzano
Hello folks , I have a 98 6 spd with a Maggie MP112, upgraded Lingenfelter fuel pump, full exhaust , upgraded valve springs , cooling and fans, throttle body, Blackwing,

Are there any hand held tuners that I could use to tweek my existing tune, such as Fuel/air etc , I do believe its running a little rich (exhaust smell) .

Thanks

Just my opinion the only hand held I would trust with a 98 is the Chuck Cow. He is a supporting vendor on this forum.

Last edited by lar66BB; 11-19-2016 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:12 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Originally Posted by lar66BB
Just my opinion the only hand held I would trust with a 98 is the Chuck Cow. He is a supporting vendor on this forum.

Nothing but bad reviews and pissed off people at Chuck from what I read.

But thanks
Old 11-20-2016, 01:25 PM
06MonteSS
Supporting Vendor

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

no.. you'd want to take that setup to a shop and get it done on a dyno... not with a handheld..

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3, short-throw shifter, NPP perf. exhaust, BMR strut-tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, catch-can, ported/polished TB, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 11-20-2016, 09:22 PM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Regardless of what you read.....

Originally Posted by Pizzano
Nothing but bad reviews and pissed off people at Chuck from what I read.

But thanks
Regardless of what you read..... We have the only wideband remote tuning package.

It works very well just so long as your car is built right and road-worthy.

Sadly, too many people believe their vehicles are road worthy and they are not.

That's the only time my package won't work.

Chuck CoW
Old 11-21-2016, 12:28 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Regardless of what you read..... We have the only wideband remote tuning package.

It works very well just so long as your car is built right and road-worthy.

Sadly, too many people believe their vehicles are road worthy and they are not.

That's the only time my package won't work.

Chuck CoW
Noted!
Old 11-23-2016, 10:21 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

You need to use full tuning software--either HP tuners or EFILIVE----
With a boosted setup most always the kit comes with larger injectors---So you need software that can change the injector flow rate---
A mail order tune can work as long as they have HP or EFLIVE
However it still takes some dyno time or WOT street driving using a wideband to get the fuel and timing spot on and SAFE----A mailorder tune is just their "best guess" and can be sometimes perfect-- but most often just a starting point---
I always recommend to someone that adds boost to get the base tuning software from the manufacturer of the supercharger---They have the best experience of tuning for their products---PLUS if the KIT is NEW----they will fully warranty the kit only if you have used their tuning---If you used someone else--or did your own tuning--they will always blame the tune for ANY failures that may occur----
Old 11-24-2016, 02:04 AM
Pizzano
Drifting

Originally Posted by tblu92
You need to use full tuning software--either HP tuners or EFILIVE----
With a boosted setup most always the kit comes with larger injectors---So you need software that can change the injector flow rate---
A mail order tune can work as long as they have HP or EFLIVE
However it still takes some dyno time or WOT street driving using a wideband to get the fuel and timing spot on and SAFE----A mailorder tune is just their "best guess" and can be sometimes perfect-- but most often just a starting point---
I always recommend to someone that adds boost to get the base tuning software from the manufacturer of the supercharger---They have the best experience of tuning for their products---PLUS if the KIT is NEW----they will fully warranty the kit only if you have used their tuning---If you used someone else--or did your own tuning--they will always blame the tune for ANY failures that may occur----
noted: yes I figured as much , its just in Vegas the Tuners are not that recomended, the closest is Andy at A&A in Cali, buddy of mine just drove his back from Andys and He is a Great guy and tuner.

Thanks for the input folks , I just thought there might of been a new fandangled hand held with more adjustable perimeters these days with technology and such.

Get notified of new replies

To Any hand held tuners that would perform

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any hand held tuners that would perform