C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

A good Speed SHop in DFW area?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 08:09 PM
katrinacop
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A good Speed SHop in DFW area?

Can Anyone recommend a trustworthy SpeedShop in the Dallas / Fort Worth area?

I want to install a magnacharger type setup. I have new kooks longtube header, catted with xpipe and borla axle back. I was thinking to add cam and air box but now i just want to get it over with and install a magna type supercharger. TPMSmax quoted me a good SYSTEM price but I will need a shop to install everything and do a tune for me so thats why I'm asking for your help.

I figure I'll give the shop a chance at the price in it because I'm concerned the shop might now quote or work on a guys car who shows up with boxes of goodies he bought for less than retail somewhere else.
This endeavor is adding up pretty quickly to the 10K mark (including suspension mods) before labor. Any advice would be appreciated.

MANY THANKS
Old 02-25-2017, 05:41 AM
SAYUNCL
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

ALL of my work, tuning and slightest adjustments performed by the very best speed shop pros at 21st Century Muscle Cars (a Lingenfelter dealer) and Real Performance Motorsports who's one of the best in the business at auto trans high performance.

Last edited by SAYUNCL; 05-18-2017 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:33 PM
AFA93
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SAYUNCL
ALL of my work, tuning and slightest adjustments performed by the very best speed shop pros at 21st Century Muscle Cars (a Lingenfelter dealer) and RPM Motorsports who's one of the best in the business at auto trans high performance.
If you're still looking, check out advancedmodernperformance.com in Grand Prairie. They've done some impressive stuff with corvettes, and tuned my '03 vette and '10 camaro.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:53 PM
AFA93
Intermediate

Originally Posted by katrinacop
Can Anyone recommend a trustworthy SpeedShop in the Dallas / Fort Worth area?

I want to install a magnacharger type setup. I have new kooks longtube header, catted with xpipe and borla axle back. I was thinking to add cam and air box but now i just want to get it over with and install a magna type supercharger. TPMSmax quoted me a good SYSTEM price but I will need a shop to install everything and do a tune for me so thats why I'm asking for your help.

I figure I'll give the shop a chance at the price in it because I'm concerned the shop might now quote or work on a guys car who shows up with boxes of goodies he bought for less than retail somewhere else.
This endeavor is adding up pretty quickly to the 10K mark (including suspension mods) before labor. Any advice would be appreciated.

MANY THANKS
Coincidentally the performance shop I referenced the other day was highlighted in this recent post with their 1300 hp 8.92 second run. Ask for Brian (who was driving) or Sam (who did the tuning).

https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...-quarter-mile/
Old 04-21-2017, 01:34 PM
C5Txfan
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AFA93
If you're still looking, check out advancedmodernperformance.com in Grand Prairie. They've done some impressive stuff with corvettes, and tuned my '03 vette and '10 camaro.
Do they do general work / maintenance also ? Like for instants water pump, etc ? Just trying find a fairly close place for general work when / if needed on a C5.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:09 PM
AFA93
Intermediate

Originally Posted by C5Txfan
Do they do general work / maintenance also ? Like for instants water pump, etc ? Just trying find a fairly close place for general work when / if needed on a C5.
I don't think so, but maybe they would as part of a large performance build.

I've used Ricardo at Marvettes (11539 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75229 -- http://www.marvettes.com) for a few maintenance items. Every time I've been at his shop, 3 out of 5 cars are vettes. He does a bunch of work for Corvette Warehouse. He's done a bunch of little things for me, plus one big deal--a transmission repair for $2K with a 3 year/unlimited miles which was by far the best out of the 4 places I checked.

Last edited by AFA93; 08-31-2017 at 03:16 PM. Reason: updated address
Old 04-27-2017, 06:44 PM
PlanoLeMans
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

i have used both lg motorsports and 21st century muscle. both are top notch and great to work with and stand behind the mods they did for me.

Get notified of new replies

To A good Speed SHop in DFW area?

Quick Reply: A good Speed SHop in DFW area?