C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

engine miss, p0300, crank sensor relearn?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 07:26 AM
Jacob951
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default engine miss, p0300, crank sensor relearn?

Ok, so my 03 zo6 has a miss p0300. The car is stock other than a cold air intake. I have pulled the valve cover and looked for broken springs and to make sure that the valves move up and down. I have checked the coil packs and have even swapped them around. The plugs and wires are new with the correct gap and the wires ohm out correct as well. I had the injectors professionally cleaned. I have also replaced all four o2 sensors. The water pump is also new. I have checked for any vacuum leaks and have changed the pcv. There is a new battery and I have cleaned all the grounds I can get my hands on. With all my research I am wondering if the crank sensor may need a relearn or CASE relearn done. Any input would be helpful should I do a CASE relearn? I am not showing a crank sensor code, is there any thing else I should look at.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:51 PM
Sam Handwich
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Jacob951
Ok, so my 03 zo6 has a miss p0300. The car is stock other than a cold air intake. I have pulled the valve cover and looked for broken springs and to make sure that the valves move up and down. I have checked the coil packs and have even swapped them around. The plugs and wires are new with the correct gap and the wires ohm out correct as well. I had the injectors professionally cleaned. I have also replaced all four o2 sensors. The water pump is also new. I have checked for any vacuum leaks and have changed the pcv. There is a new battery and I have cleaned all the grounds I can get my hands on. With all my research I am wondering if the crank sensor may need a relearn or CASE relearn done. Any input would be helpful should I do a CASE relearn? I am not showing a crank sensor code, is there any thing else I should look at.
I feel for you. I am chasing some codes around too. How many miles on your car? And when did the problems start?
All these new parts you mention - did you do those before the problems started? Or where you trying stuff to solve a problem?

I put headers on my 2001 6speed back in November. was waiting for a chance to re-connect the O2 sensors, but the car ran great. Just had the check engine light. Got the sensors connected and car has been running lousy. It runs okay on initial start, but in about 2 minutes it starts running lousy. Then it has a miss for about 15 to 20 minutes. After which it runs normally.
You might try to disconnect the O2 sensors and see if it gets better. .... or worse.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:12 AM
RonSSNova
Safety Car

Received 322 Likes on 263 Posts

I'd suggest doing a compression check
Old 02-05-2017, 07:31 PM
sirdano
Drifting

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts

Possible bad O2 sensors? Have they ever been replaced? You should only need to gchange the two closes to the engine not the one way down stream. The down stream are for only checking to see if the cats are working
Old 02-06-2017, 02:28 PM
Sam Handwich
Burning Brakes

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by sirdano
Possible bad O2 sensors? Have they ever been replaced? You should only need to gchange the two closes to the engine not the one way down stream. The down stream are for only checking to see if the cats are working
- rule out the O2 sensors; until you do that you could be looking in the wrong place. Bad O2 sensors will give a lot of strange codes, and strange issues.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:59 PM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

There are 2 kinds of misfires REAL and FALSE---If you do not feel or here a misfire then most likely the P0300 misfire code is FALSE-----
Several aftermarket mods will create false misfires----LT headers being one of them because of the thinner tubes---Also with a manual trans sometimes an aftermarket clutch or flywheel will also create false misfires----
You 1st need to determine if the misfire is real or not---then proceed

Get notified of new replies

To engine miss, p0300, crank sensor relearn?

Quick Reply: engine miss, p0300, crank sensor relearn?