C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

need help with graph on tech 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 01:27 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

Received 147 Likes on 98 Posts
Default need help with graph on tech 2

Not sure if this is normal?

Last edited by 04zjimc; 01-01-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:22 PM
RedRiderZR1
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

No. Not normal. You are getting misfires across the board. Give some information on your car. Running headers and a cam? If running a cam you can see misfires logged like that. Otherwise looking like another issue.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:07 AM
04zjimc
Drifting

hi, car is a 04z 30,000. ​​​​​​​mods are...xs headers,catback, varram and a mail order tune from ecs. My issue is hard to explain but it felt sluggish low rpm, then out of nowhere power comes back..almost feels like brakes are being applied then released wierd. Car is well takin care of very strange issue! Oh no codes...new plugs, wires are msd 1 1/2 old. Also I noticed the misfire count would go up when I pushed my clutch pedal down than release..? Not sure if that's normal? My clutch don't make noise other than the normal sounds...

Last edited by 04zjimc; 01-02-2017 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:11 PM
04zjimc
Drifting

Originally Posted by RedRiderZR1
No. Not normal. You are getting misfires across the board. Give some information on your car. Running headers and a cam? If running a cam you can see misfires logged like that. Otherwise looking like another issue.
my other issue I have been having is, with no codes or stored codes..feels like brakes are being applied..best way to describe it is picure driving with your emergency brake on then...you release...with having the tech 2 where would you start to look? Thanks
Old 01-13-2017, 02:20 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

If you do nor hear or feel any real noticeable misfires----Then all your misfires are what they call "false misfires" False misfires are most often caused by LT headers an aftermarket clutch or flywheel---The thin walls of the tubes will produce new strange noises that the knock sensors will interpret as a misfire or knock Even a false misfire will make your engine run lazy as will a false knock situation---as timing will be greatly reduced---Running you engine too long will drop your engine into a reduced power mode and as well make the ignition timing drop to almost 1/2
A lightened clutch or flywheel or any aftermarket clutch will cause different vibrations than what is expected with a stock clutch Again mis interpreted as a misfire ( aftermarket cams are notorious for false misfires as well )
Good news is that any tuner with HP or EFILIVE knows how to correct both false misfires and false knock---It is a very common tuning issue that all tuners will correct
PS A Tech II cannot tell the difference between real misfires or knock or false ones--Only a tuner with a data logger can tell you exactly what's going on----
Desensitizing the misfire tables in your tune will eliminate all the false misfires and as well desenitizing the knock tables will eliminate false knock
Old 01-13-2017, 08:26 AM
04zjimc
Drifting

Originally Posted by tblu92
If you do nor hear or feel any real noticeable misfires----Then all your misfires are what they call "false misfires" False misfires are most often caused by LT headers an aftermarket clutch or flywheel---The thin walls of the tubes will produce new strange noises that the knock sensors will interpret as a misfire or knock Even a false misfire will make your engine run lazy as will a false knock situation---as timing will be greatly reduced---Running you engine too long will drop your engine into a reduced power mode and as well make the ignition timing drop to almost 1/2
A lightened clutch or flywheel or any aftermarket clutch will cause different vibrations than what is expected with a stock clutch Again mis interpreted as a misfire ( aftermarket cams are notorious for false misfires as well )
Good news is that any tuner with HP or EFILIVE knows how to correct both false misfires and false knock---It is a very common tuning issue that all tuners will correct
PS A Tech II cannot tell the difference between real misfires or knock or false ones--Only a tuner with a data logger can tell you exactly what's going on----
Desensitizing the misfire tables in your tune will eliminate all the false misfires and as well desenitizing the knock tables will eliminate false knock
hi, yes I did notice when I push my stock clutch down I can watch my misfire count go up...I will be getting a dyno tune in the spring..I also have this other problem in my post above the one you had posted... feels like my brakes are being applied then feels like brakes have been released.. 90% of the time it feels like brakes are on I'm trying to figure out how to test my braking system with the tech 2? Also if if I have false misfires ho we can that effect performance?

Last edited by 04zjimc; 01-14-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:20 AM
tblu92
Le Mans Master

Received 281 Likes on 258 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15

Mis fires as you show would show some lack in power---
If you do not hear or feel the mis fires then they are FALSE -----This can be corrected with tuning and as I mentioned in NOT uncommon with certain mods---It is an easy tuning fix--

Get notified of new replies

To need help with graph on tech 2

Quick Reply: need help with graph on tech 2