C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Tuners in Middle Tennessee?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 02:40 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Default Tuners in Middle Tennessee?

So I am looking for references of reliable tuners in middle Tennessee. My car is a C5 Supercharged, hardened pushrods, updated trunion kit on the rockers, Brian Tooley Dual Springs, Corsa Exhaust with high flow cats. LG 1 3/4 headers. Has the stock cam and I am looking to have the existing tune looked at and modified so that everything is perfect.

I know of InTune Motorsports but would like to know peoples thoughts on them. I also know of DBR in Spring Hill...anybody use them?

Thanks
Jeff
Old 06-14-2017, 11:08 PM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

I have dealt with Scott at Intune a couple of times. He's a good guy. He put my headers, cold air intake and tune on my 98 Camaro SS at that time. Then later the my tranny went down he came to my house in Chattanooga with a rollback to pick it up, he re done the tranny with T56 viper upgrade and put the ls7 clutch in and it ran flawless. Then later I went back and had some worked 241 heads and had cam installed and didn't have a problem at all. I kind of went with what I thought was a good cam but kind of spec'd to a cam I heard and liked but I should have asked him to spec me one. Got good numbers out of that LS1. Now fast forward today I called him about my 2011 C6 GS and talked with him about 30 minutes and he's helping me with the route to go with the car regarding headers, cam and what I do need and don't need. So I'm quite pleased and they have got the job done in my experience. I was also looking at joining a local Vette club and had a sit down with them and one of the guys heard what I said about doing work later down the line and he said there's a shop in Charleston, TN that he heard does a great job on Vette. That's who he was talking about Intune. Hope that can help you out.
Old 06-15-2017, 05:00 PM
aerovette99
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Jeff,

Buy a tune from Chuck Cow. His tunes are the best. I've had tunes from a few other vendors, and then I had the Cow Tune. Chuck is a wizard. I swear that it seems like I picked up 100 HP (obviously it isn't that high).

I have recommended you, Dennis (Double D Mods, Brian (VetteVillains), and Chuck, and NOBODY else. There's a reason why.
I promise you will be better than thrilled with Chucks tunes. The guy is a Tuning MASTER.
Call him and chat 914-332-0049.. Tell him Dave told you to call. He is AWESOME

Last edited by aerovette99; 06-15-2017 at 05:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
XtremeVette (06-15-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 05:17 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by aerovette99
Jeff,

Buy a tune from Chuck Cow. His tunes are the best. I've had tunes from a few other vendors, and then I had the Cow Tune. Chuck is a wizard. I swear that it seems like I picked up 100 HP (obviously it isn't that high).

I have recommended you, Dennis (Double D Mods, Brian (VetteVillains), and Chuck, and NOBODY else. There's a reason why.
I promise you will be better than thrilled with Chucks tunes. The guy is a Tuning MASTER.
Call him and chat 914-332-0049.. Tell him Dave told you to call. He is AWESOME
Hi and Thanks...I completely agree! Chuck actually did do the tune when I was up north last summer. We were out until 3am tuning it. He was happy with it but did say...if it his car he would like to have a little more time with it. We were both exhausted though. He said there was 0 detonation and that I was safe to drive it as is which I have been doing. Being I was going to Talladega in May, I wanted a confirmation and tweak to the tune if it needed it. I ended up going to visit Derailed Motorsports in Hendersonville and spoke to Matt Sanford. He came highly recommended from a friend of mine that has a camaro. Matt put the car on the dyno and did 2 pulls. Just after the 2 pulls and reviewing the data he said...your perfect. Spot on. Its a little conservative but your car loves that supercharger. 551 rwhp 521 torque. I wouldn't change a thing. Go have fun with it. So I think Chuck was just being a little hard on himself.

Get notified of new replies

To Tuners in Middle Tennessee?

Quick Reply: Tuners in Middle Tennessee?