C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Chicago C5 needs a rear gear

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 11:04 PM
USNRVET
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago C5 needs a rear gear

I've been talking with a dealer versed in C5 aftermarket and he's trying to rip me off.

I want the rear gear upgraded from the factory upgrade G90. I hear a new torque convertor may or may not be necessary depending on who I talk to, and I'm concerned with daily driveability and NO ERROR MESSAGES afterward. Their telling me the hypertech will set off error's.

Can anybody direct me in Chicago to a reliable source for the work ? And what should I expect to pay ?

I just want to be able to break loose the Z06 Goodyear Supercars I put on my 99 automatic coupe. :cheers: :cheers:

99 Red Coupe - Auto.
Z06 Chrome Wheels
Goodyear Supercar's
Corsa Cat Back
Cold Air Intake and Grills
Old 04-03-2003, 04:14 PM
clancy
Instructor

Default Re: Chicago C5 needs a rear gear (USNRVET)

First you should post this in Tech & Performance, you will get tons of advice. I beleive the G90 code is the 3.15 gear, & if you go to a 3.42 you won't have to reprogram your PCM. If you only want a street car the 3.42 is great, & if you have a performance T-C now would be the time to have it installed. If you look at my sig. you will see what I've done & I couldn't be more happy :) If I can be of more help let me know. :cheers:
Old 04-03-2003, 08:46 PM
USNRVET
8th Gear

Default Re: Chicago C5 needs a rear gear (clancy)

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Chicago C5 needs a rear gear

Quick Reply: Chicago C5 needs a rear gear