C5 Scan & Tune Corvette Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, Fuel Management, Tuning Software, LS1 Edit, AutoTap, Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

HP tuner and Yank 3000 converter

Old 10-22-2004, 10:31 PM
davette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP tuner and Yank 3000 converter

Hi,

I had my car tuned with HP tuner and it runs like "butter" except when
I get on hard throttle and come to a stop, the remaning upshifts are hard, especially from 1-2 until I stop and turn off the car for a mintue or two. Upon restart, the car upshifts normally. I get the 0748 code.

I know the computer is sensing extra slippage with the Yank converter and maxing out the tranny line pressure to compensate. Hence the reason for hard shifts. However, this is quite annoying.

My question is what settings do I use in HP tuner to get rid of this converter slippage sensing issue and resulting hard upshifts?

Last edited by davette; 10-22-2004 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:56 AM
davette
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have an answer?

I think it might have to do with gear scaling....

Does somebody have a good gear scaling "hp tune" that will work with a 3.42 rear and a Yank 3000 TC (or similiar stall speed)? My tuner used HP tuners and I still have the issue mentioned above...

This whole slippage and resulting hard shift thing seems to be a C5 only bugaboo. The F body guys never have this issue with rear end/TC upgrades!

Last edited by davette; 11-11-2004 at 01:59 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HP tuner and Yank 3000 converter