C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luk ProGold series...same as stock Z-06 clutch???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 08:25 PM
CAracer
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Luk ProGold series stage 2...same as stock Z-06 clutch???

I just spoke with Luk tech on the phone today. He told me the ProGold stage 2, series clutch was the stock Z-06 clutch. He said the ProGold series was an upgrade for the C-5, but, was essentially the stock Z clutch.

Does anybody know if this is true. I was also told that there is no adjustment on the pressure plate.

My clutch is slipping going into fourth gear at high rpm's. I was hoping to be able to adjust the slippage out.

Any info appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by CAracer; 03-02-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:45 AM
Jeff Jeff
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stage 2 LUK is not the stock Z06 clutch. It is made by the same people that make the Z06 clutch though. My understanding is that it is supposed to behave like the stock Z06 clutch but with more clamping force.

I heard they were adjustable, although I am not sure how to adjust them. I am currently having all sorts of issues with my LUK (balance, slipping, gear grinding) and I'm a couple weeks away from tearing the whole driveline out to try to fix it.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:52 AM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

the z06 clutch is adjustable too. I wouldnt be suprised if it is the stock z06 clutch. just remarketed under their name vs. being a GM part.

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Luk ProGold series...same as stock Z-06 clutch???

Quick Reply: Luk ProGold series...same as stock Z-06 clutch???