C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch pedal feel, possible problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 08:28 AM
ROJO99
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch pedal feel, possible problem?

My clutch pedal has a new feel to it now. The first 1" of travel is softer then you can feel more restance, at this time the clutch starts to dis-engage. So basically the pedal starts off like normal travels about 1" then another spot of resistance before actual dis-engagement starts. I noticed this after a run at the track. I launched like normal then on the 1-2 shift nothing, the engine just reved. That was 5 months ago. I have made several runs since then with out any operation issues except for the pedal feel. About ready to take the Vette on a long trip and do not want to get stranded somewhere.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:42 AM
billmoore48
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Sounds like the "mechanics" within your clutch hydraulics changed a little. Meaning, something tweaked a little...

If you decide to change out the clutch master/slave combo, you might want to consider the mod described in this thread or look into an aftermarket combo by McLeod or others:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1010430

There are several factory-designed restrictions put in to make the clutch pedal feel and action streetable for the everyday driver. The mods in the link make it more "race ready" for people who rev higher and shift harder than most others.

Good luck...Bill
Old 03-09-2005, 11:24 AM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

sounds like you will soon be a sticking clutch member. I think its the PP causing the problem after a high RPM run. Dont be suprised if the problem gets worse and the pedal starts to stick to the floor. Try removing the spring, it seemed to solve my problems.

Dave

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch pedal feel, possible problem?

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal feel, possible problem?